Multiples
Options

Husband going on week long road trip at 30 weeks

I need to know what you all think: 

My husband is going on a week long road trip where his destination is at least 17 hours away from our home.  I am pregnant with twins and will be about 30 weeks pregnant at that point.  He has been planning this trip for quite sometime, however this has been weighing on my mind lately as I think he will be so far away.  He thinks I have nothing to worry about and I sure hope that he's right.

Anyone have advice as to what they would do or if you think I'm being too paranoid?

TIA!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Husband going on week long road trip at 30 weeks

• Options

We had the same thing.  I was freaking out but we put some plans in place just in case something did happen.  We checked out the possible flights in case we needed to schedule one quickly and we happen to have an OB appt right before he left so we could see if all was well at that point.  We had neighbors and friends lined up to get me to the hospital if anything came up last minute.

I wasn't happy about it at the time, but it turned out to be fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That's such a tough call, and totally a personal decision.  I would have been fine, but I've had a very complication-free pregnancy. 

There's also the, "I just don't want you to go" factor.  That's where I'm at right now.  My DH wants to go to the lake with his buddies this weekend, and while there's no physical indication that I'll go into labor or need him for anything, I'm pretty clingy and attached to him as the clock ticks down. 

If you don't want him to go (because you want to enjoy these last few weekends with just the two of you), that should be enough to keep him home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    scorchscorch member

I think you are right to be concerned. I would definatly make a contingency plan to have someone be with you or near you or check on you .    If this is something that he has been planning and looking forward to then he should be the one to decide whether or not to go and whether or not to miss the birth of his babies. Hopefully all will go well and he will come back safe and sound with his babies where he left them

• Options

SO travels all throughout the week, he is gone Monday through Thursday.  He has a 4 day show in August (I'll be 35 weeks), granted he is only going to be about 4 hours away, but if I went into labor he couldn't just head home with the snap of my fingers.

He sells specialty vehicles (ambulances) and when you do a show, different manufacturers and medical sales people are packed into these buildings like sardines.. they would have to maneuver these vehicles around in the middle of the show just so he could get out the door! It's freaking me out as well, I have a gut feeling our boys will decide to make their debut then!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think that if it's something just for "fun," then he should reconsider.  I had a very uneventful pregnancy until out of the blue at my 27 week appt we discovered that I was in PTL...  Luckily I hung in there (on hospital BR, and with some scary moments) until 35 weeks.  You never know.  I don't think you're being paranoid.
  • Options
    If he can and is willing to skip it, I think that would be best.  Certainly nothing should happen at that point, but God forbid it does, that's really early and I don't think you would want to be without him.  I had an entirely smooth pregnancy and made it to 37 weeks, but I knew the whole time that it could turn on a dime.  If he can't change the plans, I think you should do what the pp said and look into flights and people to be available for you 24/7 while he's gone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"