January 2011 Moms
Options

NBR - Colonial Williamsburg?

Has anyone been to Colonial Williamsburg as an adult and did you think it was interesting/fun/etc? I'm trying to figure out a babymoon location that won't be TOO far away by car and will be affordable. I've never been here, but I've always been curious...TIA.

Re: NBR - Colonial Williamsburg?

• Options
    I have been there a few times. Last time we went was for our 1 year anniversary and I was around 15 weeks pregnant.  If you enjoy history then you will enjoy it there.  It is a lot of walking though, so keep that in mind :)  We stayed at the Marriot, they have a nice pool. 
  • Options
    ekmebmekmebm member
    I went as a teenager and LOVED it. I am dying to go back. I bet you would enjoy it. As pp said, it's a lot of walking, so bring good shoes, water and build time to rest into your schedule.
    Kate & Eric Married 10.10.09

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DH and I had a great time when we went.  As PP said, if you like history you'll have a great time.  Be prepared for the heat though, it's hot as hell most summer days here in the south.  Wink

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There is an indian village you definately do not want to miss! Love Colonial Williamsburg! Great traditional restaurants too!
  • Options
    Its cute.  Not much more than a day's worth of stuff to do, but a nice afternoon.  Mostly just shopping.  If you are in GA, I would head to NC Outer Banks.  Such nice beaches and a little more romantic IMO.  If you go soon, you can beat the oil, which makes me so sad.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    I think it is nice and is a lot of fun.
  • Options
    There us a WONDERFUL and romantic B&B just a walk away from it - my husband and I went 2 years ago for a short stay.  We had a great time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"