Success after IF

TTC 3 + years

Just curious to know if anyone out there has been ttc this long or longer & hoping to read some success stories. I am new to the Bump boards.

I have been diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. I am a little discouraged and hoping to see that there are others who have been through this. I have friends that had a hard time ttc but that only lasted 6 months or a year.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: TTC 3 + years

• Hi and welcome!

I see you found the Infertility board, that's kinda what I was going to suggest for ya. The T-TTC board is nice too... it kinda seems like the T-TTC board is a little bit less "IVF'y" and might be more your style? Kinda see what you feel comfortable lurking in, they all have their own style.

I would suggest a few things - make sure you're seeing a "RE" and not an OB that does clomid. Make sure they're monitoring you thru your stim and ovulation, so you know what's going on. So many of us found out along our journeys that we had endo, PCOS, DOR, clotting issues, chromosomal things... and all those scary words take tests and some trial and error to detect and determine. No OB is gonna sniff that out for ya. (well, some do, most won't)

I would push for more testing, and learn as MUCH about your hormone levels (cd3 & 21 day labs) and how you ovulate, etc.

If you've done all this testing, share the run down with the IF or TTC board and see what they think. Goodness knows *I* have been a tough nut to crack, but eventually, I'll get there!

GL !!!!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • 3 years but we had a diagnosis.  We were successful after our second IVF cycle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We had been TTC for 3 years when we first went to the RE.  We were diagnosed as unexplained, had 3 failed IUIs, and our first IVF worked.  It ended up taking 3 1/2 years total to get pregnant.  Good luck to you!
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We tried for three years about 2 1/2 before we started seeing the RE for testing and found out we had MFI with low morph being our problem.   We actually ended up getting PG our last cycle before our first IUI cycle was to begin. 

Good Luck. 

• we tried on our own for 1 year.  then, gyn recommended we do initial testing.  found out that dh had low morph and borderline count.  we moved onto a RE right away.  dh's numbers got a little bit better, but i still couldn't get pregnant after 6 ivfs.  finally, got pg with the 7th.  i was diagnosed with some immune issues.  i guess overall, it took about 3 years to get pg.
  • 3 years for us.  We are mainly male factor with a sprinkle of random unexplained issues.
  • I TTC'd for 5 years on my on before going to an RE (H and I were not ready for treatment prior) I was then with an RE for 2 years and got my BFP. It was a long road but it worked. 

It is hard when everyone else surpasses you having children. All my friends have kids in school and I have an infant so it is kind of strange for me. They never got what I was going through so I found other areas of support in my life, the IF board being a big one!

Good luck and I hope to see you over here soon for good!  

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I'm so sorry you are still in the trenches of the IF struggle.  I tried for 2.5 years until I got my sticky baby.  I actually got pregnant at 1.9m into my stuggle but lost the baby. 

It is so hard to go through IF.  The IF board has women who know this difficult struggle. 

• Between dealing with some issues my husband had re starting a family (he comes from a very dysfunctional home) and then the IF dx and treatment at 2 clinics, it was 3 yrs. But it can work. You will find a lot of support over on the IF board and a very knowlegable group of women.
  • We tried for almost 6 years, with 5 IUI's and 2 IVF's we just had our little guy a month ago, we have both male and female factors of IF..please dont give up, I almost did multiple times and now my miracle is sleeping on daddys chest
    Photobucket Our IVF miracle, after 5 years, 5 IUIS & 2 IVFs
  • Just wanted to say good luck and don't give up hope!! 
  • We started in June 2005 and had our first 4 yrs later by IVF.  We got blessed to get this next one on our own after only 3 PP AFs.  We were fairly unexplained, lower motility and morph but we've gotten bfps 3 times without help, but 2 ended in m/c.  It can still happen at any time for you, but it just sucks it takes this long.

N Luv

• Thanks, ladies!

I definitely won't ever give up, but it just stinks. DH's SA came back with great numbers all the way around.  HSG showed no blockage, blood work shows all levels are normal; went through a full monitored round of IUI with femara and ovidrel shot in May of 2009.

DH and I put the testing and treatments on hold. I will be going in for one more test the SHG to check for any polyps or fibroids. Haven't scheduled that one yet.

Insurance doesn't cover any infertility so everything is out of pocket for me which makes it even more frustrating. I am just so over the wait, as you all well know! Surprise

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"