January 2011 Moms
Options

I'm definitely staying here!

WOWZERS I decided to give the 1st tri board another chance after reading a post here yesterday.  One of the first ones I read was from this crazy lady.  What a psycho or at least a b!tch.  I get being somewhat jealous if it's someone you are at odds with or something but her stance is just weird.  I will say that had my SIL-to-be or my stepsister gotten pg before me I would have been super pissed but that's because we had been trying for a year and a half and they aren't even married yet (both will be married by the end of the year) but the biggest thing was they both declare often and loudly that they don't want kids ever.  Different situation.  Sigh all I can think of is the country song, "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!"

Re: I'm definitely staying here!

• Options

I agree with kdodge 100%:

If she is lucky, you will stop being her friend and then you don't have to share anything with her ever again.

You are being a massive douchebag.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So, I'm going to give this girl the benefit of the doubt and assume this (and yes I know what they say about assuming): Perhaps she mistitled this girl and she is in fact someone she grew up with and has always had somewhat of a competition with or maybe this "friend" is someone who throughout the pregnancies would rub it in this girl's face that she got to feel her baby move first or got to know the sex first. I'm also going to say there is a bit of a difference between being crazy and just letting hormones and pregnancy emotions get the best of you, which is what I think is going on here. Yes her reaction is a little bit rediculous and bratty, but perhaps she doesn't want to have to share the attention of being pregnant with anyone (this is selfish I know).

This is all just me trying to make the best of this girl without knowing anything about her or having read any previous posts. After looking back at some of my pregnancy outbursts I'm trying to give most women the benefit of the doubt when it comes to emotions and their ability to control them. At least she is excited about being pregnant.....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just don't think she should've wrote that, that's insane. Indifferent
  • Options
    imagemidnight*sun:

So, I'm going to give this girl the benefit of the doubt and assume this (and yes I know what they say about assuming): Perhaps she mistitled this girl and she is in fact someone she grew up with and has always had somewhat of a competition with or maybe this "friend" is someone who throughout the pregnancies would rub it in this girl's face that she got to feel her baby move first or got to know the sex first. I'm also going to say there is a bit of a difference between being crazy and just letting hormones and pregnancy emotions get the best of you, which is what I think is going on here. Yes her reaction is a little bit rediculous and bratty, but perhaps she doesn't want to have to share the attention of being pregnant with anyone (this is selfish I know).

This is all just me trying to make the best of this girl without knowing anything about her or having read any previous posts. After looking back at some of my pregnancy outbursts I'm trying to give most women the benefit of the doubt when it comes to emotions and their ability to control them. At least she is excited about being pregnant.....

Okay I'll play nice (pout) and I'll change my psycho/b!tch to just bratty and hormonal.  If it is a constant competition I can understand that but why do women keep "frienemies" (if that is the case)?  The history just isn't worth it.  Yes I'm glad she is excited too, that's something at least.

The more I think about it as happy as I am that I have a friend who is 4 mo ahead of me I'm also happy she has no connection to my family.  I'm excited to be having the first grandbaby of anyone, how much do you think my kid is going to be spoiled?  Haha.

• Options

Honestly, I avoid the 1st tri board at all costs... except when I want to feel a little less crazy :)

• Options
    imageDaniGirl0517:
    imagemidnight*sun:

Okay I'll play nice (pout) and I'll change my psycho/b!tch to just bratty and hormonal.  If it is a constant competition I can understand that but why do women keep "frienemies" (if that is the case)?  The history just isn't worth it.  Yes I'm glad she is excited too, that's something at least.

The more I think about it as happy as I am that I have a friend who is 4 mo ahead of me I'm also happy she has no connection to my family.  I'm excited to be having the first grandbaby of anyone, how much do you think my kid is going to be spoiled?  Haha.

I've never understood the concept of frienemies either. I have a friend who is 2 weeks ahead of me and I am thrilled because we are bothing having our first and get to go through the experiences together. I'm the first in the family to get preggers too, so I hear ya' on the kid getting spoiled! On the upside, we probably won't have to buy that much! Yay for you and me!

• Options
    imageDaniGirl0517:

Okay I'll play nice (pout) and I'll change my psycho/b!tch to just bratty and hormonal. 

I think you should stick with your first assessment. She seriously sounds like a selfish biotch to me, regardless of hormones. 

• Options
    imagea-beautiful-mess:
    imageDaniGirl0517:

Okay I'll play nice (pout) and I'll change my psycho/b!tch to just bratty and hormonal. 

I think you should stick with your first assessment. She seriously sounds like a selfish biotch to me, regardless of hormones. 

Teeheehee yeah KDodge's post was pretty hilarious and scathing, classic KDodge!
  • Options
    imageDaniGirl0517:
    imagea-beautiful-mess:
    imageDaniGirl0517:

Teeheehee yeah KDodge's post was pretty hilarious and scathing, classic KDodge!

And totally true! Man, I'm feeling snarkalicious today. Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagea-beautiful-mess:

If she is lucky, you will stop being her friend and then you don't have to share anything with her ever again.

*snort*  i love her replies.  this is totally MUD and if it isn't the girl deserves a good smack in the head.  what a loser for being jealous of anyone, no less a friend.  

• Options
    I saw this post too! At first I thought it was a joke! I mean come on....who is like that!? I'm THRILLED to be pg at the same time a a couple of my friends!
  • Options
    imageDaniGirl0517:
    imagemidnight*sun:

Seriously if it is this girl's friend who is causing the probelms why is she still friends with her?  My SIL was super jealous when we got PG with DD #1 because she had already been through 1 failed round of IVF and we got PG immeadiatly.  I totally understand that, but after both our girls were born she started a rediculous competition between them.  She was upset when my DD would do things first, despite the fact that my child is 4 months older than hers.  DH and I finally told her that we were done with the competition and the put downs coming out of her and we just stopped seeing them except on birthday's. 

I understand jealousy on feeling like someone stole your thunder but you have to suck it up and move on.  I have a friend that had her third last week and I had originally thought that we might beat them this time, then I lost a pregnancy and I did feel jealous of her.  I just kept reminding myself that life is a trade off.  She got the baby first but I will have other things first.  in the end it really doesn't matter.

BTW I like this board much better than the 1st tri board!

• Options
    imagea-beautiful-mess:

YesI completly agree with this. 

• Options
    And ya know what?  People can say what they want and compete if they want but you don't have to let it get to you.  You don't have to play into it.  All you need to do is praise YOUR baby and applaud THEIR achievements and milestones.  I wouldn't get into a competition it's just petty and I would rather if someone said, "Oh your LO isn't walking yet?  Mine was walking before we left the hospital!"  I'd just smile and say, "How wonderful for your little giraffe, I guess mine just isn't quite ready yet, he'll walk when he's ready."  And then try not to converse much with the mother but still let the kiddos enjoy each other.
  • Options

I have a crazy story for you...

My BF's DD was born April 24. Her half-brother was born April 22. She and the mom (who didn't know about each other until after the kids were born) are good friends and the kids are extremely close.

So she needs to sit down somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"