New Orleans Babies
Options

Where did you register?

I know I'm getting WAY ahead of myself, but I'm excited so whatever! Where did you all register? I've heard good and bad things about target and BRU on the national boards, but wondering what local experiences were??

Also, was there anything you wish you'd registered for but didn't? Or vice versa, registered for but really didn't need or use?

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: Where did you register?

• Options

We registered at Target. Got everything we needed via 2 showers. There were a few items that we didn't receive, but I picked that stuff up last weekend thanks to the generous gift cards.

I registered for a few things that we didn't get and that I'm not planning to purchase myself: Bumbo seat tray, Diaper Genie, & wipe warmer.

I've heard bad things about Target's return policy, but I can't speak from experience.

• Options

BRU and PBK. I didn't have any problems with either.

I LOVE Target but was very hesitant about doing a registry there. My friend had a terrible experience with her wedding registry so I decided to not use it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    I also did BRU and PBK. I preferred the PBK, but obviously BRU has a much larger assortment. The downside to BRU is if you get something that is only available online, they won't take it back in the store. They make you mail it back to them to return it. That stunk. I also discovered the Baby Depot had a lot of the same stuff that BRU has, but much cheaper. My chair that I got for the nursery was about $150 less at Baby Depot.
    imageimage
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    Oh, and things that I wish I had registered for: Swaddle Me blankets. They were a lifesaver. Things that I wish I had skipped: the baby sleep positioner, wipe warmer, Bumbo seat (it always made G spit up), bottle warmer (took forever and was ridiculously loud) and sterilizer (you only need to sterilize things once, and most things I ended up boiling). I wish I had registered for more bottles, and more of the dishwasher baskets.
    imageimage
  • Options

BRU

I really needed everything and got everything.  I had 2 showers and was stocked up!  definitely used our co-sleeper (it goes on the side of the bed so baby doesn't get used to your body there, but gives you quick access), tons of bibs and burp cloths (don't register for those because you'll get tons), register for anything and everything because you never know what people want to get or what they'll chip in for. 

could've skipped the bumbo, DS quickly figured out how to straighten his back out of it 

• Options
    I registered at BRU and Target - Target only really for the bedding we wanted which was available online only.  No complaints really about either.  I had no trouble making returns for items that were purchased on registry - and if they weren't, I marked them as purchased on my own, then returned with no problem.

• Options

We did BRU and myregistry.com. (Or something like that.) But we needed lots of specialty stuff for multiples that wasn't available at BRU.

Exciting! :D

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

BRU and Target. I hate target, and I knew better from my wedding. Anyways BRU was great.

I agree with pp, the bumbo was a huge waste. Get a boppy those are amazing.

Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Hi Lindsay!  I registered at BRU and Target.  I'd heard bad things about Target too, but I thought it would be good for convenience sake.  I didn't have problems with either store.  We didn't register for our furniture or bedding there, just for other basics.  I used our Bumbo a lot!  Other things that I couldn't live without: Bouncy seat, Pack N Play with changer attached, Jump-a-roo, Exersaucer, Baby Einstein playgym.  Oh and the Miracle Blanket was our LIFESAVER.  I liked them much better than the SwaddleMe blankets from BRU.  I would highly recommend getting one and trying it out.  I ended up ordering two, so I could always have a clean one ready.  Oh, and I got one of those Ultra crib sheets (waterproof) that I used not in her crib, but for when I breastfed while laying down in our bed (mainly in the middle of the night).  I just put it under us and that prevented our sheets from getting soiled.  I used that every night! 

I'm so happy for y'all and if you have any more specific questions, please let me know!  Message me on FB.  I check that more often!!  :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"