High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Not sure if Im high risk or not.

My doctor has not come right out and said I was going to be high risks, but based on my appt schedule, I think I might be. 

Background:  Im 37 and pg with #2, DD was born at 36 weeks, after going into labor at 31 weeks and being on bedrest til 36 weeks. This was 6 years ago. Last year I had to have the LEEP procedure done and at the time, I was not planning on having anymore children, so my OB was aggressive with the procedure. He told me at my 16 week appt last week that he wanted by Big u/s done at 19 weeks and then after that I will start every 2 weeks for appts. He said he wanted to keep an eye on my cervix. He also mentioned the progestrone shots, but did not schedule any.

Re: Not sure if Im high risk or not.

• Options

I don't mean to alarm but from your description, it does sound as if you are high-risk.  However, you should definitely talk it over with your doctor to understand all the care and precautions you should take, and basically just understand the care you will be receiving.

Personally, I delivered at 34 weeks after 6 weeks of bedrest, 3 of those at the hospital.  I'm currently expecting a second baby, and have been on 17P since 16 weeks, and had an emergent cerclage at 21 weeks.  I've been on bedrest for almost 3 weeks now and am on it for the long haul.

Good luck!

• Options

I had a previous cone done and my cervix is short. Had emergent cerclage at 18 1/2 weeks. I am on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy. My doc hasn't mentioned shots yet---I need to ask him. I also have to go every 2 weeks now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"