Parenting after 35
Options

Grrr!

DH is home with Aaron today (unpaid furlough day) and he's usually fine with him but when I called to check in, the first thing he says is: "Your son hates me."

Apparently Aaron won't nap and has been screaming for an hour.  While I don't think this will ruin his psyche in some way, I'm thinking WTF? If he's crying THAT long, just give up and take him out of the crib.  He won't nap if all worked up. Oy!

So I'm going to go home to an annoyed husband and an overtired baby and I don't need it today.  I have (for years) arthritis in my knees and have had 2 surgeries on my right one and had an injection to help with the pain. But in the short term, it's made things worse and I feel like crud. So instead of going home to lie down and ice it, I'm staying at work where it's quiet.

I hope DH gets over himself soon.  He's a good father but gets too easily frustrated and gives up when Aaron gets overtired or fussy.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: Grrr!

• Options

Isn't it funny how he's YOUR son when he's acting up???!!

My DH is the same way.. it's genetic.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    And heaven forbid we suggest taking him out of the crib, lest they feel like we are telling them they don't know what do do and they are bad fathers...sheesh!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah... which is why I stayed here to cool off.

I followed up about 10 minutes ago and Aaron finally napped.  DH picked him up and he fell asleep instantly. He's done that to me before: fought a nap and then, after crying, fell asleep in my arms. NOT my favorite thing, so I guess I can cut DH a break. It's very frustrating.

• Options
    steverstever member
    Sad Poor you and poor Aaron. I hope your DH gets him to rest a bit before you get home.
  • Options

imagestever:
    Sad Poor you and poor Aaron. I hope your DH gets him to rest a bit before you get home.

me too!

• Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

My DH is the same way.. it's genetic.

Seems like it's fine so long as the kiddo sticks to the routine. When they dont? Reminds me of that scene in the cartoon movie Ants when the leaf drifts down to interrupt the line of ants. None of them knows what to do - it doesn't occur to them to just go around it.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options

Aww, Robyn, I hope you are feeling better and that you didn't have too much work to do when you got home.

I hear you--H called me today to tell me Mallory was screaming and crying and had no solutions/ideas about what to do. Um, try to distract her? Pick her up? But heaven forbid we give them unsolicited child-care advice--that's just as good as saying they're terrible fathers! ;) 

(eta: Ha, Carla, you and I were thinking alike on this one!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh so sorry for you. And that really sucks with your artritus. My MIL has it & I see the pain she is sometimes in.

My DH is kind of the opposite. If she cries he picks her up right away. She is daddy's little girl for sure.

• Options
    I so feel your pain!  Hope DH and Aaron figured things out before you got home.
  • Options

oh gosh Robyn - I hope it all turned out ok when you got home....

"YOUR" son, HA!  gotta love that!

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, DH got things under control and when Aaron finally napped it was for an hour and a half! He never gives me more than an hour at the office (too many sounds).

And DH was really good when I got home. Let me sit and ice my knee while he continued to play with Aaron. He handled dinner (though he most often does) and I'm feeling a bit better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"