TTC after 35
Options

XP from T-TTC..slightly frustrated with..

my RE's office.  Had my WTF appt scheduled for Friday - 2 days away - and they called to cancel it...because my RE is not available due to a scheduling change, but they can 'fit' me in on July 19th!!  UGH!  That means I have to sit out another cycle....OYE!  Did not want to have to do that 2 months in a row. 

The only thing the REs nurse said was that my RE definitely doesn't want me to stim until we have this appt.  DUH!  I'm afraid that this appt will be the one where she says we should move onto IVF.  Which that has never been an option for us...for reasons other than $$...as we have been and will be OOP for everything.  ::sigh::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP from T-TTC..slightly frustrated with..

• Options

I'm sorry.

Wait... are you being rescheduled because of another patient?  If so that is absolute bullsh*t!!! Can you call them back and see if they will call you in case an appt is canceled?

• Options

She didn't say that it was due to another patient...but that's sort of what the phone call felt like.  I did ask about a wait list for cancelations...and she told me that I would have to call back on a daily basis to see if there were any openings.  And, at that point, I sank slowly into my chair and just figured I can wait until the 19th....I just don't like it.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your disappointment.
  • Options
    I would be pissed! Especially paying OOP, he should be working for you.
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options

imageMAH123:

I know right!!??  Believe me, I am pissed!  I just feel defeated, like I've missed yet another cycle and it sux!

• Options
    jcathjcath member

I'm so sorry - I'd be furious..another month is more than we can bear some days ((hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

that stinks. so sorry. i would call back every day though and be as sweet as pie when asking if any cancellations have occurred. if the receptionists aren't annoyed by your calls they're more likely to help, that's what i found when calling my RE's office.

if you do have to sit it out you can either try to distract yourself by making lots of fun plans with DH or you guys can still TTC on your own and then worry about what the next step is once you've met with the RE. hope they squeeze you in earlier though.

• Options
    steverstever member

imageMAH123:

This. 

I'm so sorry.

• Options
    Call back every morning. People cancel all the time. You may be surprised how quickly you are able to get in. Good Luck!!
  • Options

That totally SUCKS and I would be so freaking furious!  I cannot believe that they do not have ANY time to squeeze you in in the next 3 weeks??!!??  Seriously??  And because your RE had to make the change, NOT b/c YOU cancelled??!!??  Do they not realize that they are dealing with time sensitive matters here??  WTF?????

Anyway, off my box now!  I'm so sorry you are going through this. 

(((((HUGS))))))

• Options
    Oh man...that totally sucks =(  I agree with PP, just call back everyday, really nicely, and see if there are any cancellations.  FWIW, all my slots are booked until September, but I have cancellations all the time!  I have had patients get into an earlier slot that way.  GL to you!!!!  I hope you get a sooner appointment.
  • Options
    How frustrating!! Im sorry you have to wait!! I hope they have some other options for you :)
  • Options
    maybe another doc from the practice can see you?
  • Options

imagemmz:
    maybe another doc from the practice can see you?

I asked this question today when I called...and I got an answer of either they are on vacay or have an opening to fit me in AFTER my already scheduled appt!  geez...can't a girl catch a break!?!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"