Attachment Parenting
Options

We're having nap issues too

Is this part of the 18-month wakeful??  As if the night wakings weren't enough, DS is having a heck of a time napping - specifically at his babysitter's.  To my knowledge there has been no change in the environment or routine, but the last couple of weeks he's waking up anywhere between 20-45 minutes after going down and not able to go back to sleep.  The kid is exhausted.  Last night he fell asleep on the way home from her house (a 3-minute drive!) around 4:30, then asked to get in his crib (paci only allowed in crib and he loves that thing), and DH started cleaning up the kitchen, went in 5 minutes later and he was asleep!  Normally when that happens he just plays and then asks to get out.  He slept until about 6:00 and then was up until 8:30.  Had a better night last night but only napped 20 mins at the babysitter's house this afternoon!  I might wonder if we transitioned to 1 nap too soon (about 2 months ago) but he was only napping 30-45 mins AM/PM for a while, and when we transitioned to 1 he started sleeping 2+ hours.  So, that seemed to confirm that it was the right move.

I just feel so bad for him and don't know what to do.

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: We're having nap issues too

• Options

Wish I had some advice!  I can't imagine that 1 nap a day would be the problem - kiddo has been doing well on 1 nap for months (although really in just the last two months has he been pretty good about sleeping for 2 hours or so).  Is his nap at the same time everyday?  Could it be that it needs to vary?  Sometimes kiddo goes down by 11 for a nap but other times it's after 1 - not sure if that's ideal but it seems to work for him.  If I try to put him down earlier and he isn't tired, we just get a nap fail.

**hugs**

oh, and, stop talking about this 18 month wakeful... I can't hear you...la la la ;-)

• Options
    imagencbelle:

Is his nap at the same time everyday?  Could it be that it needs to vary? 

Could be, but he was doing well with this routine up until recently.  Babysitter would walk him & her daughter upstairs, say night-night and they'd both fall asleep beautifully!  Maybe it's something as simple as teething...hope so.

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"