Breastfeeding
Options

tummy ache only when breastfeeding?

Hey Girls,

My LO has been having tummy aches.  She gets stiff as a board and arches her back and cries like she is in pain.  We started her on Zantac last week and I thought it was helping to reduce the amount of projectile spit up she was producing.  It seems to me there is some sort of connection to her being upset when I breastfeed her.  During the week while I was working, she got bottles of my pumped breastmilk and my mom said she wasn't so upset.  Any idea why this is and what I can do?  She loves to breastfeed and she's never taken a bottle from me.  I'm going to take her to the doctor's today...something isn't right.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: tummy ache only when breastfeeding?

• Options

It's hard to say. I'm sorry your little girl is going through this!

Maybe it has to do with a bad latch that is causing her to swallow air that she doesn't get from bottles?  Maybe you could have an LC check it out.

Good luck!

• Options
    DS was the same way.  It was still due to his reflux.  We had to give a few medicines a try before we found one that worked for him.  I would suggest asking your pedi to prescribe something else to try.  We found that ranitidine worked great for a while, then we had to switch to omeprazole.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"