Trouble TTC
Options

MH Breakdown

MH had a mini breakdown today on the phone with me. He's always mister positive, but he went on and on about how scared he is of IVF and our financial life and how he wants so much for IUI to work and how angry and sad he is about my thyroid stuff and my kidneys. I felt so bad that it was a phone call and I couldn't hug him. MH rarely says anything negative about this process. He's usually my rock and is just convinced things will work. Today he told me he's losing faith. I was trying to be his rock this time but I'm not sure if it worked. What do you all do when YH is scared and sad and doubtful. I don't handle his pain very well.. I just want to take it all away. Have you found anything that helps?

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

Re: MH Breakdown

• Options
    I don't have any advice I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you are going through this. ((HUGS))
    June 2010 - IVM
    July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
    July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
    July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
    July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
    March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
    November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
    July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm sure you really helped just being there for him and listening to him.

I'm so sorry that your hubby is feeling down.

IF friggin blows.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate IF! I am so sorry!
  • Options
    I don't have any advice but I wanted to say I am so sorry you have to go through this.  GL with what you decide.  {Hugs}
  • Options
    STL34STL34 member
    imagesail123:

I'm sure you really helped just being there for him and listening to him.

I'm so sorry that your hubby is feeling down.

IF friggin blows.

100% this.  MH is my rock, too.  He doesn't let this get him down very often.  When he does, I have a hard time knowing what to do.  We talk and he usually seems better afterward, but I always wonder if he is just trying to be my rock and doesn't want to let me see his weakness.  ((hugs))

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I hate that any of us have to deal with IF. It SUCKS!!!! I'm ok with how I feel.. I can handle me being down but when it's MH it's like "Nope, this can't happen. I have to fix it". Hopefully when RE calls with the rest of the thyroid stuff I'll be able to give him some good news. Poor guy needs it :(

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options

:( your poor hubby. I really think our men try to be strong for us but they're hurting just as much as we are.

I've only seen my H break down in tears once (recently) and I didn't really know what to do either. I just hugged him and cried with him and I think it made both of us feel better. Just give him a giant hug when you see him. :)

• Options

So sorry you are going through this, but I'm glad you could be there for YH. I think it works out like that, sometimes he's your rock, and sometimes you're his.

I don't have any advice for you, because MH is still Mr. Positive. I don't know what I'm going to do when reality hits.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options
    **hugs** to you and your DH
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"