Adoption
Options

So terribly sad today...

I've written here before. We are doing foster/ adoption and have adopted our 2 beautiful girls. We also have a 3rd placement... he is a 22month old boy, who has been with us since he was 3 days old. We went through with a termination hearing in March and have been awaiting the judges decision.

His decision has been made and he has decided against the TPR. In the paper work he goes on to say that he sees that parents are not fit to parent, but doesn't see that they have been given enough chances.

So now I guess we will move on to longer visits and ultimately overnight visits. This will be hard for our foster son... he has had such a hard time even doing 4 hour visits...

I'm not sure how to feel or even what to say.

Re: So terribly sad today...

• Options
    I'm so sorry :-(  I can't even imagine what you guys are going through right now  [HUGS]
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    oh my gosh I am so sorry :(  I hope that while it might take longer, the best decision is made in the end.
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    :-( That really stinks! I'm sorry you are dealing with that.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry you're going through this.  I think that too many judges don't put the best interest of the child first.  When I child goes into foster care, yes the biological parents should have a chance to get their act together and see if they are going to be able to parent, but enough is enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry!!! Hopefully in the end it will work out. I cannot believe after 22 months there is still no premancay for this child. Sometimes our legal system is more abusive to these children, putting a 22 month old through this is cruel!!
    Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so, so sorry.  I can't even fathom why a judge would give such a ruling. PP was right, sometimes they don't put the child first.  I'll be thinking about you.
               image      image      image
  • Options
    I don't know how it works where you are, but normally the parents are given 12 months, maybe given an appeal of 6 months and that's it. 22 months is WAY too much.  Can you hire a lawyer to file an intervention? Clearly he doesn't see that they can parent, why give them more time if they couldn't do it in 22 months.
  • Options

I am so sorry to hear about your situation.  We are currently filing an intervention in our foster childrens case.  It is clear the mom cannot parent from reports we have read and what we have seen but the courts do not see that.  We hope that by intervening this rollercostar ride will stop for our children.  You guys are in my prayers.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So sorry. Is there anything that you can do?
  • Options
    Please tell me more about this intervention! I will do ANYTHING for him.
  • Options

imagemrscoley:
    Please tell me more about this intervention! I will do ANYTHING for him.

Any intervention would depend a lot on state law and the practices of courts in your state...  What you need is an Iowa attorney who could tell you whether you can or can't do something with the legal system to intervene. 

*hugs*

• Options
    I am so so sorry...I wish I could say more...my thoughts are with you though & I hope it all works out for the best.
  • Options

You and your gorgeous family are in my thoughts and prayers!  Like everyone has said, I hope that this little guy is allowed to be permanently placed so he has a stable, forever family soon! 

TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Options
    c1311c1311 member

This must be so tough for all of you.  I can't imagine knowing what's best for a child and still being forced to do what isn't.  I hate to say it, but sometimes I think the legal system treats children like property rather than making decisions that are in their best interests.  I hope you are able to file some sort of an intervention or appeal for your FS.

Take care.

• Options
    Sending you so many ((((HUGS))).
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options

I am so sorry. This must be very difficult for you and the whole family. I pray for you and hope that there can be a way for this to work out.

I am going to send you a PM too. :)

Connor's mom....Our little monkey is 3....climbing and running and jumping his way to 4!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"