Houston Babies

What have I done to myself? (vent)

I am still 7 lbs over my prepregnancy weight, which was 10 lbs over my ideal weight. Well, I just realized today that the weight I am carrying is mostly weight I have gained since having the baby. We have had such a stressful time adjusting and dealing with reflux that we would eat whatever was quick and easy (i.e. junk food).

Even though my weight never went up, I gained fat around my stomach and lost whatever was baby related so it didn't show on the scale. Now, my baby belly is nowehere near back to normal, but I am just so upset that I totally let myself go and know that it is going to be a struggle to lose this extra weight. That just depresses me and I have no energy or time to fix it.

I am in a rut!  And I always feel like I am starving. Something has gotta give.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: What have I done to myself? (vent)

• I will have to say that you are only 3 months out!  Don't be so hard on yourself.  I think it really took about 6 months for me to be "even" out.  Your body has changed so much, it hasn't had time to "go back" yet.
  • Ohh..don't be too hard on yourself.  7 lbs is great only 3 months postpartum!  I wish I was there...
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I'm just tired of feeling fat, and knowing that I am not helping the situation with my food choices. But when it comes time to eat, I just don't care and go for what is easy.

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• imageSigmundsGirl:
    Thanks. I'm just tired of feeling fat, and knowing that I am not helping the situation with my food choices. But when it comes time to eat, I just don't care and go for what is easy.

I would suggest going grocery shopping and try to pick up some healthy "easy" snacks.  This includes things like - pre-cut fruit and veggies with a low-fat ranch dip; hummice with dipper of your choice; cereal (healthy-ish); almonds or nuts, deli meat; etc.  These will keep you fuller during the day and would be better than grabbing those Doritos (or whatever)

I find that I am always looking in the pantry for something "quick".  I go for the healthier options if I have them, so I just try to stay stocked.  Also, another good tip is to drink a bottle of water before you sit down to eat.  A lot of times hunger is really associated with thirst, so you might be able to fill up on that first.  Portion control was a problem I had.  Stuff tasted so good, that I wanted ALL of it, but then I would feel miserable afterward.  Now, I sit down and try to eat only half of what's in front of me, and then wait about 15 minutes.  If I am still hungry, I will finish the rest, but most of the time, I am full after that.

Those are a few things I did b/c I didn't want to diet or workout at the time, but still wanted to try to maintain.

GL!

• imageCareBear01:

imageSigmundsGirl:
    Thanks. I'm just tired of feeling fat, and knowing that I am not helping the situation with my food choices. But when it comes time to eat, I just don't care and go for what is easy.

I would suggest going grocery shopping and try to pick up some healthy "easy" snacks.  This includes things like - pre-cut fruit and veggies with a low-fat ranch dip; hummice with dipper of your choice; cereal (healthy-ish); almonds or nuts, deli meat; etc.  These will keep you fuller during the day and would be better than grabbing those Doritos (or whatever)

I find that I am always looking in the pantry for something "quick".  I go for the healthier options if I have them, so I just try to stay stocked.  Also, another good tip is to drink a bottle of water before you sit down to eat.  A lot of times hunger is really associated with thirst, so you might be able to fill up on that first.  Portion control was a problem I had.  Stuff tasted so good, that I wanted ALL of it, but then I would feel miserable afterward.  Now, I sit down and try to eat only half of what's in front of me, and then wait about 15 minutes.  If I am still hungry, I will finish the rest, but most of the time, I am full after that.

Those are a few things I did b/c I didn't want to diet or workout at the time, but still wanted to try to maintain.

GL!

Those are all awesome suggestions. I will definitely try them! 

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• imageSigmundsGirl:
    imageCareBear01:

imageSigmundsGirl:

GL!

Those are all awesome suggestions. I will definitely try them! 

I totally agree with all of CareBear's suggestions.  Being prepared is the key for me, and helps make it easier to choose healthy things.  I prepare fruits and vegetables for snacking as soon as I can after returning from the grocer, to make them easy to grab.  I will choose cookies over cucumbers any day if I have to stop and wash/slice the cucumbers before eating. Sometimes it's hard because my husband still likes to bring home crap, but I am much less likely to eat it if I have my own stuff ready to eat.

Give yourself a break.  Imagine yourself one year post-partum, looking back to where you are now--3 months is hardly any time at all, isn't it?  Just do what you can, but try not to make excuses for your choices either, you know?  Even if you only have the time and energy to eat prepackaged easy stuff right now, limit your portions.  It might not help you lose, but it will stop you from gaining at least, until you're in a place to tackle more. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"