LGBT Parenting

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

Tell us your updates!

QOTD, an easy one today: Favorite children's book?

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Update - Today is my first full day back at work.  It's also Jelly Bean's first day in daycare.  I think I've mentioned it before, but I have daycare here at work so she is just 40 feet down the hall.  It is still hard having her in someone else's care but I'll be down there nursing her throughout the day so that makes things feel a bit better.  And to take my mind off things I'll probably hang out here today :-p
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh - QOTD - my favorite book growing up was Island of the Blue Dolphins.  I first read it in 2nd grade so it isn't for the very young but to this day I still love it.
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a rough morning in our house all around. Kids were dragging getting ready, I was frustrated, not a good combination.

Favorite kids book is Time of Wonder by Robert McCloskey. I LOVE how beautifully it is written and apparantly the kids do to - it is very calming and for several months when they were young toddlers we had to read it every nap/bed time. It reminds me of my summers in Maine. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Updates:

I go back to work tomorrow. Dreading it. I'm glad S will be home with the kids, but I hate the thought of being gone from them for almost 12 hours a day. Crying And I'm really worried about my milk supply, which isn't great to begin with. I'm planning to pump at work, but I know it will be hard to protect my pumping time, and I'm going to miss BFing during the day.

Baby girl D has found a new sound: the delighted squeal. It is so incredibly cute. Baby boy J has added to his repertoire as well, a sound that is a cross between cooing and whining (maybe more on the whining end, lol). Still trying to figure out exactly what that one means. Smile

I need to fix my sleeping pattern, pronto. I have been going to bed between 2 and 4 am, and it makes that 6/7 am wake-up the kids do soooo painful. I think my problem is that I try to cram too much into the hours after they are asleep and before I go to bed. Some things have to be done (bottles, pumping), but some others should probably wait (laundry).

QOTD: I really liked The Little Prince growing up. It was the book my dad would read to me before bedtime, so it has a special place in my heart.

• Sprout had his 4 year check up yesterday.  He was super active and gave the pedi a hard time during the exam.  Then the vaccines came out and i'm pretty sure he gave her bruises. ::sigh:: the good news is that aside from being a little underweight, he's healthy as can be. She also calmed our concerns big time about his inability to night train.  apparently 1 in 5 boys is still in overnight pull ups at 6.  she assured us that as long as he's doing well during the day we dont need to worry about it one bit.  i love our doc.

QOTD: I cant say that i have one. there are so many wonderful childrens books out there.  Sprout goes through different phases of his faves.  Right now its Todd Parr's Family book - we read it at least once a day.

• imagethiswillbe:
    I go back to work tomorrow.
    Did I say "tomorrow"? I must be more sleep deprived than I thought, lol! No, it's next week that I go back (Tues because Mon is a federal holiday).
  • imagethiswillbe:
    imagethiswillbe:
    I go back to work tomorrow.
    Did I say "tomorrow"? I must be more sleep deprived than I thought, lol! No, it's next week that I go back (Tues because Mon is a federal holiday).

That's one more week than me! Enjoy it :-)  Honestly though, part of me has really enjoyed today.  I've had my quality nursing time with Jelly Bean but I've also gotten a break that I haven't had since she was born.  It feels good to discuss something other than my boobs, pumping, poop, etc.  And at least your babies will be with Sylvia so you can check in on them as often as you want without worrying that you seem crazy ;-)

• My absolute favorite kid's book is The Brownstone by Paula Scher.  It is out of print, but DW tracked it down and found me a copy on Amazon or something. I LOVE That book.
  • Henry seems to be transitioning to a new routine - more time between nursing, and changing his naps - and he's having a little trouble figuring it out Smile  He's growing and changing so much that he just can't get into a rhythm, so we're trying to figure it out together.  Thank goodness for his swaddler!  Part of his new development is that he swings his arms around with quite a bit of force and no control over where they go - so he bops himself in the head pretty hard...and often does it when he's falling asleep! LOL  The swaddler is very helpful with that!  He's still a very easy going happy guy, and I'm sure it won't be long before we get his new rhythm sorted out.

I've been struck with mastitis, which is a bummer.  I don't have it as bad as I know I could, so I feel lucky in that respect.  I know lots of women feel much worse than I do when they get it, and are in more pain.  So that is the bright side.  I'm trying to get the clog worked out, but it is stubborn!  I seemed to get some movement during a nice hot shower this morning, and pumping seems to help, so I know I'll get there, it just takes time. And of course with Henry being a little unpredictable with his napping right now, it makes it a little harder to find the time to pump, and of course this had to happen during one of C's busiest work weeks of the year, so I'm on my own all five days and she's working long hours... Bad timing, but what can you do?  I'm hanging in Smile

QOTD: No one top fave, I don't think.  But I do love Snow Party about the winter solstice, and we have a book called Cindo de Mouse-O that I love too.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Life is pretty calm and relaxing these days. I'm really enjoying the second trimester, although I do still find myself sleeping a ton. We're really looking forward to finding out the sex of the baby next week. DW and I have both had dreams that we are having a baby boy, so it will be interesting to see if those dreams pan out. We made one of our first semi big baby purchases last weekend in the form of bedding and a lamp. All in all, this is a very exciting time for us and we are trying to savor every minute.

• We sent off our home study paperwork today! EEEEK!!!!!

I am so excited to finally be moving forward. I am really nervous about the interviews but am trying to see them as just another stepping stone to being forever mommies to our girls.

• Having kind of a crummy day today.  I found out my iron levels are low-that could be it.  and just mad at everything-traffic, job..boo!!!!  I need an attitude ajustment with my dog in our favorite park.  gonna do that tonight...too many things packed into my life right now.  Our birth class has no other lesbian couples and that kind of bums me out-feeling my internalized homophobia come up more than I thought I would.  I guess I should talk to someone. Here I am. Thank you someones.

• One day late, but I'm still joining in.  It's moving day!  Once we get settled in our house, there will be officially nothing left on our PCP list but paying off debt.  That feels AWESOME.  I got a second job a few days ago, so hopefully this part goes more quickly than the rest of the list!

AOTD: I can't think of a favorite right now!  I love so many.  My favorite as a child was My Goodnight Book.  I remember thinking it was about me!  Eloise Wilkins' illustrations are so sweet.  I found my copy the other day and I saw that I'd written my address and phone number in the front but I'd transposed all the numbers!

• imageMrs._F:

I'm trying to get the clog worked out, but it is stubborn!  I seemed to get some movement during a nice hot shower this morning, and pumping seems to help, so I know I'll get there, it just takes time.

I just had thee most horribly stubborn clog... it took me about 80 hours to work it out. Have you tried taking some ibuprofen to reduce the duct swelling? And dangle feeding (looks/feels ridiculous, but works!)? A heating pad on the boob right before nursing also helps. Good luck!!

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imageMeegs10.13.06:
    imageMrs._F:

I'm trying to get the clog worked out, but it is stubborn!  I seemed to get some movement during a nice hot shower this morning, and pumping seems to help, so I know I'll get there, it just takes time.

I just had thee most horribly stubborn clog... it took me about 80 hours to work it out. Have you tried taking some ibuprofen to reduce the duct swelling? And dangle feeding (looks/feels ridiculous, but works!)? A heating pad on the boob right before nursing also helps. Good luck!!

I did dangle pumping yesterday - quite a sight!  It's definitely smaller now than before.  I'm hoping another day's work will get it out.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"