Northern California Babies
Options

Hwo do you count the months?

So, technically yesterday it was 4 weeks ago that Simon was born (he was born on June 1).  Do you count that as 1 month old or do you say July 1 he's one month old?

Or split the difference and say it's today?

I know, I'm lame, the things I think about...  off to feed the bebe.

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hwo do you count the months?

• Options
    The day since a month isn't exactly 4 wks long.  (Plus it's easier that way).  So he'll be one month old tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I count by the date they were born.  Ex:  DS was born Oct 1, so tomorrow he will be 9 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    By the day. At that age I'd say 4 weeks, I think I did that up until 8 weeks or so. My brother and SIL did it by weeks (converting into months) for the longest time and it drove me nuts. Like at 8 weeks they'd say he's 2 months, 12 weeks he was 3 months...I said you do realize that if you keep doing it this way he'll be over 13 months old on his first birthday, right? Eventually they stopped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, I go by physical date too, not # of weeks, since a month, on average has 4.5 weeks.

The only thing that gets confusing is February. Since G is born on the 29th, and Feb rarely has 29 or more days, I count the 1st of March as the turn of his month.

• Options
    I also did months by the date, not by every four weeks. Although, I think that I told people her age in weeks until she was about eight weeks old. For whatever reason, when I put her age into months for those for first couple, it just didn't seem to convey how new she really was.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"