High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bedrest Mamas Check In **Wednesday**

This thread is for any and all mamas on bedrest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bedrest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day!

It's been a few days and I thought we could use a check in, although I am not very good at coming up with questions : )

Name: NantucketSunset

Due date: 8/2

Date placed on bedrest: 5/10 @ 28 weeks; released to 'modified activity' on 6/24

Type: modified activity

Why: PTL

QOTD: How "ready" are you for the baby? (in terms of name(s), nursery, supplies, and/or mentally)

Once I went into PTL at 28 weeks we realy put the pedal to the metal in terms of the necessities - car seat, nursery, basic supplies - in case the baby came early. But now I am at 35 weeks and while we have that all taken care of, we still don't have names, and it is getting close!

Mentally, we are looking forward to meeting our LO, but I am kind of nervous about the process and terrified of the first few weeks of no sleep, baby crying, trying to breastfeed, etc.

Update: I was released to modified activity last week. I have taken it easy and just puttered around the house more, gone upstairs once per day, and went out to our childbirth class last weekend, which was great. Yesterday though I overdid it - I went to Target and between the walking from the parking lot, walking around the store, dealing with the bags - it was way too much and belly was tight and sore by the time I got home. Dr said listen to my belly, so I will take it easier today and going forward as we are not quite at term yet.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

Re: Bedrest Mamas Check In **Wednesday**

• Options

Name: Keri

Due date: 9/23, but since it's twins, probably early September. I'm 28w today

Date placed on bedrest: late May for modified bedrest, 6/10 for strict home bedrest

Type: strict home bedrest

Why: shortening cervix

QOTD: How "ready" are you for the baby? (in terms of name(s), nursery, supplies, and/or mentally)

Not ready at all. We have cleaned out both the nurseries, purchased cribs and changing tables, etc. But, we still need to paint, put everything together, and buy all the other stuff. We're starting to buckle down now. We have names picked out that we're 99% sure of. Mentally, I think we're as ready as we're goign to be, but we do need to do more reading on infant care, since neither DH nor I have ever even held a little bitty baby, diapered a baby, etc. let alone twins! It's going to be an adventure. We'd love to do a class, but we can't due to bedrest.

Update: I have my 1-hour glucose test today. Let's hope I pass. I have a cervical check on Friday, and I hope it's good news. I really don't want HBR.

• Options

Name: E&RMommy

Due Date: 8/26 (c-section or induction on 8/5)

Date placed on bedrest:  5/3 at 23w4d

Type of bedrest: modified at home

Reason: twins / shortening cervix / preterm ctx / now HTN

QOTD:  I think we are mostly ready for the babies.  I still need some stuff.  If they come before my shower, however, they'll be in the NICU anyways.  Mentally I am absolutely ready for this.  I am on week 9 of bedrest and ready to have my little ones in my arms and not my belly.  Of course I hope they bake for another 5 weeks.

Update:  Looks like I am walking toward pre-eclampsia.  Of course.  How lovely.  I gained 3 lbs of edema in one week; you can see it in my face, my legs, my hands.  My labs were ok yesterday, and I turn my 24 hour urine in this afternoon.  I am really upset because I was determined to end bedrest at 34 weeks, and now I won't be able to do so if my BP continues to be high.  I hope to avoid hospitalization at all costs.  I really want these babies to cook until at least 34 weeks, so I need to stay pregnant for 15 more days minimum.  They both looked great yesterday on their BPPs - that was nice!

If I have pre-eclampsia, I will be getting betamethasone this week.  If I just have gestational hypertension, I will continue on bedrest with strict monitoring. 

My shower is a week from Saturday....I hope I can hang on until then!  I have no clue how my cervix is....we haven't checked it since last week.  Likely it's hanging out around 1.9 cm or so....     

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Name: Diane

Due date: 8/13

Date placed on hospital bedrest: 21w4d 4/06/10, released to modified bedrest at home on 4/19/10.

Type: modified bedrest at home

Why: incompetent cervix/3 cm dilated/emergency cerclage

QOTD:  I am feeling very "nesty" lately, and in a good place to get things in order for Ben's arrival.  I have treated myself (and the family) to a lawn service and a cleaning service, both of which are getting an overhaul in the next two days.  My in-laws arrive this weekend, and we are using their help with organizing a shared nursery (DD is 17 mo. old), and putting together the double stroller, bassinet, and bouncy seat.  My MIL will be a great help, I'm sure, and then my mom arrives after they leave.  Mentally, I am just amazed that I might have a full-term baby.  I keep thinking that I am dreaming.

Updates: Saw the OB today and we are celebrating 34 weeks, a little early.  Bed rest restrictions are officially lifted on Friday, but I think I will still be taking things slowly.  I see the Perinatologist on Wednesday to check on Ben's growth via ultrasound and to discuss taking out the cerclage.  I finally feel like we are in home stretch. 12 weeks of bedrest success!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Name: Emily

Due Date:9-1-10

Date placed on Bedrest: 6-4-10

Type: Modified at Home

Reason: Cervical Shortening/Bleeding

QOTD: I'm feeling much more ready after our weekend shower.  We recieved a lot of stuff off  of our Target registry.  I was able to put things away with some help from mom.  My mom was here for a few days and did the curtains for the nursery they look amazing.  DH is off for a super long weekend hoping to get the crib and hang all of the stuff on the wall. 

Update: I'm 31 weeks today! 3 more weeks on Bedrest then returning to work hopefully until I deliver. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Name: Cris

Due date: 10/24

Date placed on bedrest: modified activity since 6 weeks, bedrest on 6/11 @ 20 wk 5 days

Type: home bed rest

Why: PTL, shortening cervix, emergent cerclage at 21 weeks.

We don't have a name, the nursery doesn't exist, but mentally we are totally ready, though desperately praying that this little guy stays inside at least for as long as his sister did!  So technically, I have another 11 weeks or so of bedrest.  If he decides to stay longer, I'll welcome it, though coming up on 3 weeks of bedrest and while I was on bedrest the first go round, this time with a nearly 2 yr old it's a little tougher.  We do have all the basic necessities: car seat, stroller, bassinet, and some clothes from his sister.  My mom is also coming to visit next week and claims she has an entire suitcase of clothes for the baby!

We will likely not have a name until the baby is born because we don't want him to think he's all set to come out!  We did that with our first, and it worked to the point where she stayed in until 34 weeks.

Update: From the moment we found out we were expecting a second baby, I knew this would be a high risk pregnancy.  I did think we would be able to avoid bedrest if we took precautions early on, such as starting the 17P progesterone shots at 16 weeks, and I have been on restricted activity since 6 weeks (working from home 3 days, the 2 days in the office I just used to sit and read/write; no exercise; no lifting, basically taking it easy).  However, at our 20 week U/S the peri decided an emergent cerclage was necessary and bed rest to follow.  Since the cerclage about 2 weeks ago, my cervix has shortned a tad more, and started to funnel some more.  I have to go for cervical check every 2 weeks, and am praying to avoid hospital bedrest!!
  • Options

Name: Divasociety

Due date: 11/19

Date placed on bedrest: 6-23-10 cerclage place on 6-24-10

Type: home bedrest (spent 3 days in hospital last week for cerclage)

Why: shortened cervix (previous conization) discovered at anatomy scan

I'm not. Hoping I still have a long time before baby comes. I have to make it at least to 24 weeks for baby to even have a chance of survival according to docs. So, after I hit that milestone I will feel more comfortable starting the nursery. This will be our first baby, we are just praying he will stay in there and cook! I am doing my registry online since I can not do it in the stores.

Update: Had first follow up Dr appt yesterday. Cervix was closed and stitch looked good. Have to go every 2 weeks now. At my next appt I am doing vag. ultrasound to check cervical length.

• Options
    smeyersmeyer member
    Hi, ladies!  I'm new to the BR check in.  :) Name:  smeyerDue date:  8/24Date placed on bedrest: 6/27, 31w5dType: strict at home bedrest after a 48 hr hospital stay last weekendWhy:  high bp (PIH)/contraxQOTD: How "ready" are you for the baby? (in terms of name(s), nursery, supplies, and/or mentally)I'd say we're pretty ready.  Luckily, I had my shower early so we're set with basic gear.  DH got the cribs set up last night so whenever the babies get here/come home they'll be OK.  We have about 3 top contenders for boy and girl names - once we see them, we'll make our final decision.  Mentally... that depends.  Some days, I'm SO ready for them but on other days I'm overwhelmed by the thought of 2 newborns in our house. Update:  Last Friday, I called my OB to report high BP that wasn't coming down.  When I went in for an NST we discovered that the babies were fine but I was unknowingly contracting every 2-3 min.  I ended up in the hospital for 48 hrs.  They put me on Procardia for contrax, started Ursodiol for cholestasis, and did a 24 hr urine collection.  I had very little protein in my urine, and the meds seem to have helped stabilize the other issues a bit.  I had a negative FFn test but was given steroid shots for the babies' lungs, just in case.  I was discharged on Sunday afternoon to strict at-home bedrest.Monday and Tuesday were really hard on me - I was stressed/worried about the babies, my health, delivering too early, and adjusting to BR.  Today, though, I'm feeling a little better.  I had an overall good OB appt yesterday and a good NST today.  I keep getting positive feedback from my drs and nurses.  They think that I can hold out until at least 34 wks before we need to talk about delivery.  I'm readjusting my goals and focusing on every day that I can keep these babies with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"