LGBT Parenting
Options

Another question about Bump board

Does anyone know who to talk to about the format of threads?  I've been on other boards where when someone adds to the thread it automatically gets put at the top of the screen so you know if there's anything new been added and you don't have to scroll all the way through 5 pages of stuff.  Here (the bump-not only LGBT board) people often post the same title of threads and then no one checks the 'outdated' from two days ago thread=lots of duplication.  If they could do this there would only be one TTT thread in the LGBT section and people could add to it every week and not make a new one every Tuesday (or wed)...just wondering.  sometimes the bump's format bugs me.  Too busy.

Re: Another question about Bump board

• Options
    I think this could be a good idea but im also a creature of habit and I might get annoyed with it if they changed. IMO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it wont solve all of your problem, but if you scroll all the way down to the botton of the page and take a look at "viewing preferences" you might find a format you find easier to read.  I keep my settings locked at "sort by last post date" so the threads with the latest post get put on top.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagectbride08:
    it wont solve all of your problem, but if you scroll all the way down to the botton of the page and take a look at "viewing preferences" you might find a format you find easier to read.  I keep my settings locked at "sort by last post date" so the threads with the latest post get put on top.

This is your best option.  As moderator I can make posts 'sticky' so that they are always at the top.  This might work for some of the regular posts but depending on the way people sort the board it won't work for everyone.  The Knot/Nest/Bump changes formatting every now and again.  You can email them but it's unlikely a major overhaul will be done.  They are still working to get a real search engine on this site (it's been MONTHS) so it's doubtful a major revamp will happen anytime soon.

• Options

Ditto on the viewing preferences.

I'm not sure I'd like for there to be just one TTT, PCP/TTC/ATP, etc - then we'd have to do a lot of scrolling to get to the most recent replies! (Unless they changed that too.)

I actually prefer the Nest/Bump format to most other forums, but I think I may be one of few, LOL

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Thanks ya'll (to quote the Indigo Girls).

Where can I find the preferences?  That part about the latest used thread at the top would be most helpful.

Seahorse Mama

• Options
    imageseahorse mama:

Thanks ya'll (to quote the Indigo Girls).

Where can I find the preferences?  That part about the latest used thread at the top would be most helpful.

Seahorse Mama

When you get to the main LGBT board page, scroll to the bottom.  In a brown box you'll see some drop down menus.  You can sort threads by author, last reply, etc.  You can set these differently for each board.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"