Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

When were you given

the go ahead to have relations again.  I know that we cant try again for two months but when can we do the deed again.  Its been way to long and we both are fustraded. 
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: When were you given

• Options
    I found out at my 6 wk follow up visit that we could have had sexy time 3 wks ago. Might be different depending on your situation and doctor. I delivered vaginal and let me tell you it felt weird the first time.
  • Options
    IouliaIoulia member
    I had to wait six weeks, I think.  It was also pending an exam from my OB
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor told me as soon as I stopped bleeding we could start having "relations" again. I wasn't very far along though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
    Married 9/19/09
    BFP#1 05/19/10 M/C 6/4/10 d/x threatened m/c 6/6/10 m/c confirmed
    BFP#2 10/26/10 M/C 11/01/10
    BFP#3 11/28/10 C/P 11/29/10
    BFP#4 02/23/11 M/C 3/1/11
    BFP#5 08/13/11 EDD 04/27/12 Beta @11DPO 8.79 Beta @13DPO 36 Beta @17DPO 179 Beta @20DPO 679!! 6w3d hb 116 bpm! 8w3d hb 164 bpm! 10w4d hb 177-187 NT scan 12w2d hb 173-everything looks great! 14w4d-everything still looks great! A/S scheduled for 12/12!
    Our rainbow baby is here!! Emmalynn Anne born 4/27/12 via unplanned c-section
    BFP#6 Surprise! Here comes baby #2! Harper Elizabeth born 12/17/13 via c-section
  • Options
    My doctor said two weeks after the miscarriage.  When I asked him to clarify, he said two weeks from the onset of bleeding... which sounded soon to me, and I was still bleeding at that point anyway, so we waited a bit longer.  How long has it been since your loss?
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would just call your doctor... our advice was nothing up the whoo ha for 2 weeks post miscarriage and then you must use condoms to prevent infection for at least another 2 weeks after that... Of course condoms are our new best friend for the next 3 months too so...
    BFP #1 04/05/10 EDD 12/11/10 Missed M/C 7w found out at 12w5d You're so missed LO BFP #2 11/27/10 EDD 08/07/11.. Diagnosed with IC 03/17/11 Cerclage put in place 03/21/11 Madilynn Mae born 7/26/11
  • Options
    We were told nothing up there for 3 weeks after the D&C.  No mention of condoms after that but that sounds like good advice... although I was also on a very strong antibiotic following the D&C so it seems less risky in that scenario than maybe for a natural miscarriage. 
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • Options

I was only 5 weeks and I finally stopped bleeding sunday.  I am going to call my doc tomarrow but I just wanted to see what the general time was.

• Options
    I was told 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Please post what your Dr tells you tomorrow, minkys.  I was only 6 weeks and stopped bleeding on Sunday as well.  I would call my Dr for questions but let's just say he is never informative, he is always rushing me out the door when I ask anything.  I did ask him this question and he said ohhh... probably in a week.  I felt like he wasn't taking my questions seriously. 
  • Options
    We weren't allowed to have sex for 6 weeks. We ended up waiting around 8 because I wasn't emotionally ready for it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    at my 4wk pp he said we were free to have sexy time (with a condom). No ETA on when we can conceive again.
    Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• Options
    Will do hkitty.  That really sucks that your dr is not answering your questions.   I have a great one that even when I feel that I am being totally silly that she is very informative.  I just am not looking forward to having to use condoms.  I mean I am married and WANT to get pregnent and we have to buy comdoms argg.
  • Options
    We were told 2 weeks but if I was still bleeding I had to wait until I stopped. The doctor said that the bleeding could cause an infection. We risked it and had sexy time 2 days before two weeks Smile
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    As soon as my bleeding stopped we were back to doing the dirty. I had natural m/c's though so that might make a difference.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was told we could have sex once the bleeding stops. My MW also told me I could use tampons once the heavy bleeding stops. I felt uncomfortable doing so though, so I just stuck with pads.
  • Options
    My doctor told me 6 weeks before sexy time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekellbelle618:
    My doctor told me as soon as I stopped bleeding we could start having "relations" again. I wasn't very far along though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

this 

• Options
    I just got back from my doctors today and he said that sex was fine as soon as the bleeding stops and he gave me the go ahead to start trying to conceive right away.  He told me that the risk of another miscarriage is no greater if you get pregnant right away vs. waiting 3 months.  I had a natural miscarriage at 7 weeks.  So I'm getting back on the TTC horse....
    TTC Sept 2009
    BFP #1 June 3, 2010 - M/C June 23, 2010 @ 7 weeks
    BFP #2 Dec 28, 2011 - M/C Feb 3, 2012 @ 9 weeks (Blighted Ovum)
    BFP #3 May 6, 2012
  • Options
    My doctor said once I quit bleeding/spotting we could.  So we ended up about 4-5 days post d&c.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"