TTC after 35
Options

Has anyone have any experience with...

severe teratozoospermia?  My DH has only a 2% normal morphology.  Does that mean IVF is the only answer?  Has anyone you know, or known gotten pregnant with this information?  I am going crazy trying to figure all of this out!  And my DH is getting frustrated with me talking about it.  Any thoughts would be great, I feel like I have become an emotional basket case over all of this!  Thanks ahead of time! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone have any experience with...

• Options
    I don't, but there are a few ladies here who do. You might try posting this over on Infertility too, there seem to be more girls there who are dealing with it. Good Luck, I hope you get some answers!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options
    Thank you!  Me too!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i'm no help but someone must know.

good luck to you!!!  (((HUGS)))

• Options

Not sure what teratozoospermia is, but my DH's first SA showed a 2% morph too.   Initially we were told we needed to move straight to IVF with ICSI for that reason alone.  

After his second testing 3 months later we were told that his numbers improved enough to do IUI. His morph doubled to 4%. During that break DH cut out hot tubs. started drinking his ice tea with half the caffeine, started taking Mega Men vitamins from GNC.

We ended up going straight to IVF with ICSI due to do endo which was later discovered by a Lap.

TTC #1 since 9/07
    Dx MFI, AMA, Endo, AMH .16
    Lap 10/09 Removed endometrioma, stage IV endo and adhesions
    Lap 2/10 Endometrioma cysts & adhesions returned.
    Ivf #1 4/10 Antagonist, ET Cancelled.
    IVF #2 2/11 A/ACP+E2V C/P
    IVF #3 6/11 Letrozole/Antagonist BFN
    IVF #4 11/11 Low stim Antagonist BFN
    Lap 3/12 Lap & Selective HSG
    Many cycles of Letrozole and LP HCG w/TI and LDN
    IVF #5 8/12 Low stim BFN
    IUI #1 10/12 BFN br> S&PAIFW
  • Options

We were told we had male factor issues, low motility and low morph, but i don't remember the numbers. we conceived DD #1 after 2 years via an IVF with ICSI.

that being said, with DD #2 we did an IVF with ICSI and it failed. we got prego the very next month on our own.

• Options

My DH has 4% average (after several SA tests).

We have been told to save time and money to go straight to IVF with ICSI.

We are 38 y.o. and 100% private pay.  So both time and $$ are an important consideration.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"