Pregnant after IF
Options

U/S and Scan Update- Good and Bad News

So during our appointment today we found out that we lost Baby A. The tech was doing the scan and Baby A was still measuring a week behind. She leaves the room and the doctor comes in and tells us that Baby A is no longer viable. Babies B and C are measuring at 11w1d and are doing well. The tech was able to do the NT scan today and she said that things looked good, but of course, I wont hear officially until the end of this week or next week.

We cried a bit, but I think we were kind of expecting this since the doctor last week said we would have to "wait and see" what happens. He didnt sound really positive about it. So I think we just mentally prepared for this result.

It is kind of bittersweet. I know that this is probably the best thing for the other two babies and realistically, there was probably something wrong with Baby A anyway. But it is still sad to experience a loss.

Now, we are just praying that B and C remain strong.

Thanks for listening!

TTC (Seriously) from May 2009 IF DX: ? 1st RE appointment- September 2009 Oct 09: Clomid Ovidrel = BFN Nov 09: Clomid Ovidrel Endometrin = BFN Dec 09: Follicular Cysts, BCP to shrink Jan 2010-IUI #1: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin Accupuncture=BFN Feb 2010- Break March 2010- IUI #2: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN April 2010- IUI #3: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: U/S and Scan Update- Good and Bad News

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of baby A ((HUGS)) to you and I'll be sending good thoughts for the other 2 that they keep growing big and strong.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of Baby A. I'll keep good thoughts for you for healthy Baby B & Baby C.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dianne, I'm so sorry for your loss of Baby A. I hope that B & C are strong, tough little fighters. My prayers go out to you and your husband. Big (((HUGS)))
  • Options
    LCB34LCB34 member

I am so, so sorry for your loss of baby A.  I'll be praying that babies B&C are your fighters!

Please remember that it is OK to mourn this loss even though you are still pregnant.  Grieve in which ever way comforts you and don't beat yourself up about any emotion you have.  Losing a twin/ triplet is such a hard thing as it is bitter sweet since you are still carrying a healthy baby(ies).  Just do what feels right.

I'll be thinking about you as you an your husband cope with this loss.

• Options
    I'm sorry for the loss of Baby A!  ((HUGS))!!!  Sending tons of good thoughts to the B and C!!!
  • Options
    I am sorry for the loss of baby A. It is a bittersweet feeling, allow yourself the time to mourn (((hugs)))
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of baby A.  Keep fighting baby B & C.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry that you lost baby A.  I am sure the others will continue to thrive.
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss hon. But I am so glad to hear that your other two LOs are thriving. 

(((((hugs))))) 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

i'm so sorry. we lost a twin so i know how hard it is, even though it means a lower risk pregnancy for the remaining babies.

take good care of yourself.

• Options
    Ali212Ali212 member
    I'm sorry - my thoughts are for healthy and strong babies B & C.
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry about your loss of baby A. ((hugs)) I will be keeping you and your LOs in my prayers.

I'm glad to hear that B and C are doing well, and I hope they continue to grow and thrive.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of Baby A and pray that Babies B & C will continue to thrive.  Hugs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimagemy read shelf:
    Melanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about Baby A but I'm glad to hear B and C are doing so well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I too am sorry for the loss of Baby A :( I hope that Baby B & C continue to thrive!!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about baby A.  (((hugs)))  It's hard to lose a baby even if you are still left with another one or two.  Keep fighting babies B+C!
    TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of losing Baby A.  I'm glad to hear Baby B and C are doing well.  We lost our Baby B last week and the only word to describe it is bittersweet. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JaGirlJaGirl member
    Sending lots of prayers your way for babies  B and C and your continued health.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about Baby A.  I'll pray that babie B & C can hang in there and keep growing.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I will pray your other two little ones stay healthy and strong. 
  • Options
    LTF525LTF525 member

So sorry for the loss of baby A. I hope that babies B&C continue to thrive.

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm sure today was a rough day and it is such a tough balance of emotions.  A lot of us have been there, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm so happy you got to see B&C growing and thriving.  ((hugs))

• Options
    smileesmilee member

I am sorry for your loss, honey.

Fingers crossed that your two cuties keep growing strong! 

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the support. Today has felt like a really long day. I am going to go home, take a hot shower and try and relax with DH.
    TTC (Seriously) from May 2009 IF DX: ? 1st RE appointment- September 2009 Oct 09: Clomid Ovidrel = BFN Nov 09: Clomid Ovidrel Endometrin = BFN Dec 09: Follicular Cysts, BCP to shrink Jan 2010-IUI #1: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin Accupuncture=BFN Feb 2010- Break March 2010- IUI #2: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN April 2010- IUI #3: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  I lost my Baby B in my first pregnancy.  It is still a legitimate loss regardless of the fact that you are still pregnant.  Allow yourself to take time to mourn so long as it doesn't impact your health (e.g. I had to force myself to eat because I was so sad I didn't want to).  I'm so very sorry.  (((hugs)))
  • Options
    I am so sorry about Baby A. Wishing you a healthy and uneventful pregnancy the rest of the way. (((HUGS)))
    B/G twins!
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. But I am very glad the others are growing strong. Hugs.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congratulations on the good results for the two babies. 

And Im so sorry for the loss of baby A.  Allow yourself to feel sad or mourn this loss.  Even though you know it is the best for your other babies it is still a loss.  Im really sorry you are going through this. 

My preg started out as a triplet preg.  Although we knew at our first U/S that baby C was a blighted ovum - it was still very sad. 

Thoughts and prayers being sent to you and your H.

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  You and yours are in my thoughts. 
    Daycare is SO exhausting!
    Blog
  • Options
    My goodness, you've been on quite a rollercoaster ride these past few weeks, haven't you? I'm so sorry about Baby A. I hope B&C continue to grow strong.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm praying that babies B and C keep growing strong!
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of Baby A. ?You are in my prayers.
  • Options

(((HUGS)) I'm very sorry for your loss but happy your twins are doing well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"