Two Under 2
Options

How hard is it to get out with 2 LOs?

It took awhile before I felt comfortable going out with DS on a regular basis but now we get out almost every day and I'm able to get all our errands done during the week.

How hard is it to get out with 2U2 on a regular basis?

And how hard is it to get a double stroller in and out of the trunk and push it it around?

Thanks!

Re: How hard is it to get out with 2 LOs?

• Options

im new to it all, but I have gotten out alone and its fine. Just takes more planning. DD is in her infant seat, so I nurse her, buckle her in, get DS and change his diaper, pack the diaper bag ahead of time, make sure I have snacks for him, diapers/wipes, and a burp cloth. I keep diapers and wipes in the car just in case as well. I grab the bag, the car seat and hold his hand we walk to the car. I have a minvan and the doors open with the touch of a button....awesome for 2u2. I put DD on the lawn and get ds in the car, start the car so its not so hot and put DD on my side. 

for me I have to find the best time so DS is happy, we also sing songs in the car to keep him happy as well. I also find loading the stroller alone to be fine. I just have to park where I have room on each side of the van to pull the stroller so I can keep an eye on the baby and then grab ds and put him in. (we have  the city select.)

Once out I know I cant take too long places since DS gets bored, so I limit it. I havent tried nursing in public with DS around while alone yet...but I would keep him in the stroller, or a highchair so he cant run away.

Its getting more comfortable. I find I am more confident the second time around, we got out at 5 days old--with Dh and my mom.

GL 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My 2u2 are pretty close...I've taken then for walks to the market and zoo but that's about it. Between the two of them - someone is always napping and I don't need to take them somewhere so bad that I want to go through all that. DD isn't great with peacefully dozing off in her carseat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lkf041lkf041 member
    I go out a lot...if not I would go crazy stuck inside or just walking outside.  I don't think its that hard, but it does take some time and more planning.  I never leave the house when I intend too, once I have one the ready the other needs to be changed or fed, etc. Its still worth it to get them out:)
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagelkf041:
    I go out a lot...if not I would go crazy stuck inside or just walking outside.  I don't think its that hard, but it does take some time and more planning.  I never leave the house when I intend too, once I have one the ready the other needs to be changed or fed, etc. Its still worth it to get them out:)

LOVE Your picture!!! so cute 

• Options

This is how I feel too. Except, it's already wayy complicated for me to go out with DS, so I am dreading it once DD is here.

We live on the third floor, so we have to walk down 3 flights of stairs, walk one block West, and then walk one block South to our car. With DS walking, it will be easier... but I still need to find a good carrier for DD so that way my back doesn't kill me.

We're hoping to move to a place with off-street parking near the building (and on the first floor) but we're going to have to wait until after DD is born  (Oh, joy... It was hard enough to get it done with just DS, now I can't imagine it...)

Somedays, I am looking forward to 2U2, somedays... I am not. 

- - - - Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit The Knot! image image Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    lkf041lkf041 member
    imageCaitlinJ22:

imagelkf041:

LOVE Your picture!!! so cute 

Thanks!

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

By the time DD2 was 3 weeks, we were back to all our regular activities and routine, just w/ 2 kids now ;) It has been a very easy transition (as compared to how I felt going out w/ just DD1 when I first had her!). DD2 just kind of slipped into our life and routine. It took a little time to get used to juggling them both and making sure I had everything ready to go ahead of time. But overall, since DD2 is very easy going, it's been no big deal.

As far as the double stroller, I'm sure it depends on the kind you have.. but no big deal for me. I now use the Combi double umbrella and it's just a little bulkier then the single Chicco that comes w/ the travel system. I just have to remember to take the double out of the car before I go on a Costco run! ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

I work FT, and I started taking my older one to daycare once I could drive again at 2 weeks pp.   When the little one was tiny, I would get my toddler all ready to go, get the bag packed (and maybe even in the car), and nurse the infant.  Then I would put my sleeping infant in his carseat and go.  It did probably take me about 4 hours in the beginning to get baby fed, myself ready, DS breakfasted and dressed, and the baby fed again before we left.  I was almost always up with DH at 5:30, and I rarely made it to daycare before 10am.  

After that I would usually go shopping, to the bookstore, to a movie, out to lunch or whatever.  For whatever reason, having a second baby is so much easier than having a first baby.  It almost felt like I was alone without my toddler around.  

I picked up my toddler after his nap, and we would go home and play and eat dinner.  We would almost always go out again in the evening.  

In the beginning, I actually thought that being out was so much easier than being home.  

• Options
    imagealli2672:

In the beginning, I actually thought that being out was so much easier than being home.  

thats how I feel now, maybe its bc Im lonely after my mom and DH left... 

• Options
    laura1laura1 member
    imageCaitlinJ22:
    imagealli2672:

thats how I feel now, maybe its bc Im lonely after my mom and DH left... 

Totally agree - my DS gets stir crazy inside for too long, so it is better to get out.  It takes a little more planning around DDs eating schedule, but we do it!  We went to the Little Gym when DD was 7 days old.  I have gotten good at carrying DD in her carrier in my left hand and DS on the right.  Then I pop DD in her car seat base with one hand, run around and strap DS into his seat, then get myself in.  Not too bad, and I like to think I am building up my arm muscles! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The smaller they are, the easier it is.  I found the first 4-5 months with the new one was relatively easy.  As he became mobile, and his older brother more indepedant, stuff progressively got harder. 

I have a Phil and Teds Sport double stroller and it is awesome.  Easy to fold up and easy to manover.

I think the hardest time for me was when my little one was just under one, and my older son was just over two.  Neither one of the listened and I struggled for a while.

Now that they are 1.5 and 3.0 things are getting easier again.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"