Alabama Babies

My little helper...

She's definitely at that Monkey See Monkey Do stage. Today I was making dinner and a plastic grocery sack fell on the floor. She picked it up and walked into the living room w/ it. I was half listening to her (making sure that singing = hasn't put it over her head and suffocated yet) and then I heard the banging against the litter box.

I checked in on her and she was totally "cleaning" out the litter box. She had the scoop in one hand and the bag in the other... Apparently she has been watching DH clean the litter box each day...LOL

Then tonight she wandered into the kitchen where her plate was on the floor from the dog eating her leftovers (don't judge -we run the dishwasher on sanitize Stick out tongue ). I walk in to find out what she's doing and she has opened the kitchen cabinet and pulled out a sponge and was "washing" the plate.

She also put groceries in the refridgerator for me tonight.  she had a blast helping me!  She'd walk over, I'd hand her something and she'd go back and put it on the one shelf she could reach, clap for herself and repeat...

SO cute!!!

(and please don't think I don't watch my kid - I do - I just let her explore a little on her own before I turn into the helicopter parent!)

Re: My little helper...

• That's awesome that she wants to help Big Smile  She'll make a great big sister!
  • Awe, I think they are so cute at that age when they want to help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ricejlricejl member
    That's so sweet!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is such a fun stage!! She needs to explore. We let Lyla do it too.
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aww, Jaxon's not there quite yet but I remember my nieces getting to this stage!  So sweet!

• uagirluagirl member
    How cute! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• kc0721kc0721 member

That's awesome that she wants to help. 

I'm LOLing at the plate thing and the sack, no judging here, I'm sure we'll be the same way. 

• OMG - that is SO Gross!  I am SO judging you!  Ok, you know I'm not = )  Totally cute when they become such little helpers!  Love it!
  • lol, no judging, that is cute :)

It reminds me of a funny part in the show Mad Men (set in the 60s) when a 5 year old has her mom's plastic garment bag over her head from the cleaners-and instead of telling her it was dangerous, the mom told her that her dress better not be wrinkled. lol.

Obviously we know better now, but at the same time, it's good that you're not a helicopter parent!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh yeah - the plastic bag thing... I could hear her talking to herself so I figured she hadn't choked yet (and really it was less than 2 minutes between her leaving me in teh kitchen and her scooping cat poop)...

We're VERY lucky in that we haven't done any baby proofing - Avery just isn't a kid to get into too many things and never puts stuff in her mouth... We watch her but it's fun to see what she chooses to get into .

the other day she was in her nursery for the longest time...when i went to find her - she had found a pair of shoes that were still tied together from the consignment shop - she was trying to get them on... and very frustrated she couldn't... poor kid.

• imagesdkrlm:

Oh yeah - the plastic bag thing... I could hear her talking to herself so I figured she hadn't choked yet (and really it was less than 2 minutes between her leaving me in teh kitchen and her scooping cat poop)...

We're VERY lucky in that we haven't done any baby proofing - Avery just isn't a kid to get into too many things and never puts stuff in her mouth... We watch her but it's fun to see what she chooses to get into .

the other day she was in her nursery for the longest time...when i went to find her - she had found a pair of shoes that were still tied together from the consignment shop - she was trying to get them on... and very frustrated she couldn't... poor kid.

Aww :) Well it's just normal curiosity, obviously not anything dangerous. That is funny about the shoes!

I hope I get lucky like that with our LO :) 

• imagesdkrlm:

Oh yeah - the plastic bag thing... I could hear her talking to herself so I figured she hadn't choked yet (and really it was less than 2 minutes between her leaving me in teh kitchen and her scooping cat poop)...

Aww :) Well it's just normal curiosity, obviously not anything dangerous. That is funny about the shoes!

I hope I get lucky like that with our LO :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"