Adoption
Options

I wonder if we will ever get picked...

Update on us...We are still waiting to be rematched after our failed adoption a year and a half ago.  I often wonder if we will ever get picked for another baby.  I know people are going to say, "It will happen," or "There's a baby out there for you."  The truth is, I am really starting to doubt it.  I am so tired of waiting for a phone call that may never come.  Our nursery has been ready for 2 YEARS!  I just wish next June would come soon so I can do IVF and have my own baby.  Then I wouldn't have to wait for someone else to decide our future.  Waiting is the hardest thing I've ever been through:(  Thanks for reading this.  Sometimes I just need to let it out.

Re: I wonder if we will ever get picked...

• Options
    I'm sorry you are having such a rough journey.  I know that waiting on a child to come no matter how it arrives is so draining.   I hope that your baby arrives soon and your wait can be over!!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Options
    Thanks.  I am just so tired of waiting and wondering what's wrong with our profile.  We got picked after only 7 months the first time.  This time it's taking forever.  We have been TTC for 5 years now.  Somedays I just wanna move on with my life.  It would be so nice to not think about it for just one day in the past 5 years.  It is always on my mind:(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amm78amm78 member
    Are you doing some of your own networking, or just relying on the agency to send out your profile?
  • Options

imageMrs.Johnson:
    Thanks.? I am just so tired of waiting and wondering what's wrong with our profile.

?How often have you updated it? ??

Left, Right
  • Options
    is your agency showing you to moms? I would highly suggest doing some of your own networking or finding another agency, it honestly seems a little ridiculous to me! I'm so sorry!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Hugs. It's not easy waiting on someone else to choose you. I say all the time that I wish we had more control over it all.

We too have almost been TTC for 5 yrs now. After the bad journey with our old agency we decided to come back to TTC altogether. Now I am back to looking into adopting b/c we still aren't pregnant. It's like I can't make up my mind lol.

I wish you the best and hope you all have something change soon!

• Options
    Don't worry about it. Your time will come. I was just matched after 18 mo. of waiting. My baby boy is coming from South Africa in just a few weeks. :)
  • Options

I'm so sorry that you feel down and hope that things change for you soon.  This is the most difficult thing that I have ever had to do and I think the major reason is that my life is completely beyond my control.  I am attached to my phone, waiting, waiting.  It's so draining and I have not been waiting nearly as long as you, so I cannot imagine what this feels like for you. 

Do you get a monthly report of the BMs that your profile has been presented to?  It doesn't help much, but at least I know that someone is looking at us.

Don't have much advice, only good thoughts that I am sending your way,

• Options
    I'm so sorry that you've been waiting that long. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be.
               image      image      image
  • Options

I'm so sorry.  I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to wait that long.

Do you know how many birth mothers have been shown your profile?  Have you looked into other agencies or attorneys, or networking on your own? 

*hugs*

• Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies.  We are doing a little networking on our own.  In May we were chosen by a BM through my best friend, but her mother decided to adopt the 2 month old baby girl.  Everyone we know is "on the lookout" for a potential situation for us, but so far nothing has worked out.  After I finish teaching summer school in three weeks, I am going to call our agency and get some of our requirements relaxed.  I think we were both so hurt by the failed adoption that we made our match requirements pretty rigid. (At least that's what my DH thinks)  I just want to get through the summer and then I am going to focus my attention on our agency again.  I haven't seen an update from them in quite some time:(
  • Options
    sh4602sh4602 member
    here's my 2 cents on this. i'm not going to say your time will come or anything like that. your journey to becoming parents give you character and shape you to the person and parents you will become. i know it's hard  we had a failed match too. while we didn't wait as long as you are i know the pain. (see my siggy) 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I hope it gets better soon.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am sending hugs your way. I know this is very painful. Our nursery has also been set up for 2 years. When we reached 20 months of unsuccessfully adopting domestically we applied to an international agency...that was in December. Once we had the new paperwork and everything completed (that took 3-4 months) we were on the wait list for TEN DAYS and got the phone call that we had a referral for an 8 month old girl. We are going to get her in August. The entire thing was SO fast and it will have been 8 months from application to having her. I cried and shook like crazy when that phone call came. It was the most amazing experience in my life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"