Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Am I the only one?

Who allows their child leave the house in a costume? 

Dress up is part of our daily play.  Somedays I can't call her "Katie." Like yesterday, she'd only answer to "Captian Feathersword" and called me "Dorothy" all day. 

Today we went to the library as a nurse and "mowed" the lawn as Alice in Wonderland.  (We got our www.buycostumes.com order in.  lol) We get some looks, but you're only 2 once!

Re: Am I the only one?

• Options

Well, Paige just went to the ice cream truck in her panties so......at least Katie has clothes on!....lol

I agree!  They are only two once!  Let them be! 

FYI - Paige busted out of the house she doesn't normally get to go outside in just panties!  But I would allow a costum if she wants!  Sometimes she doesn't want out of her pj's so we go to the store in them!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejessicada76:

Well, Paige just went to the ice cream truck in her panties so......at least Katie has clothes on!....lol

OMG I just laughed so hard at this. LOL!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Is it bad that DD doesn't have any dress-up clothes? I don't even know where to get them.

I won't let her leave the house in a tutu, which is the only costume-y thing that we have, but I did let her fly on the airplane wearing a crown.

However, DD is a different character every day and I get rebuked if I call her Dana instead of ____. (Today she was "the other little girl Dana who's not your kid.")

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Olivia doesn't really have any costumes.  I have a few items that she could play dress up but she doesn't seem interested.

I think katie is adorable!

• Options
    Eva went to the grocery store today with bunny ears on.  You are definitely not alone!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD doesn't have any costumes, either.  But that's not to say that I wouldn't let her wear a costume if she had one to wear.  When we shop I usually let her tell me what she likes and costumes never end up on her list of "I wants..."  My BFF's sister let's her daughters (ages 6 and 4) wear what they want every day.  Don't think they have any costumes either but pajama tops with track suit pants and flip flops are a frequent combination! LOL I love it--I think it creates a strong sense of self which hopefully means they'll be less likely to succumb to peer pressure during the dreaded teenage years.    
  • Options
    imageceecee31:
    DD doesn't have any costumes, either.  But that's not to say that I wouldn't let her wear a costume if she had one to wear.  When we shop I usually let her tell me what she likes and costumes never end up on her list of "I wants..."  My BFF's sister let's her daughters (ages 6 and 4) wear what they want every day.  Don't think they have any costumes either but pajama tops with track suit pants and flip flops are a frequent combination! LOL I love it--I think it creates a strong sense of self which hopefully means they'll be less likely to succumb to peer pressure during the dreaded teenage years.    
    This pic makes me smile :) do you have the box of dress up clothes? DD likes to mix and match too.
  • Options

Griffin wears his rain boots ALL THE TIME - i let him wear them as long as he's not going somewhere that he'll be running a lot (like school) b/c he tends to be clumsy in them.... he has a pair of froggy boots, firefighter boots and buzz lightyear boots- so he changes them with his moods.

i think it's awesome. 

• Options
    No! My daughter leaves the house in a princess costume almost daily.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageceecee31:
    My BFF's sister let's her daughters (ages 6 and 4) wear what they want every day.  Don't think they have any costumes either but pajama tops with track suit pants and flip flops are a frequent combination! 

This made me smile. My two girls (3 on the 4th of July and 4) are out of town visiting their Nana & Papa's for the week. I'm enjoying a little bit more freedom this week (and actually getting things done!) but the above sounds so much like them that it makes me miss them!  They love, love, love, LOVE to play dress up.  I pretty much give them free reign to pick out their clothes (with maybe a little guidance if we're leaving the house) but they come up with the craziest outfits. They do have dress up clothes, but by far their craziest outfits are their real clothes that are put together, ah, rather uniquely. Tutu on your head anyone? ("I'm getting married, Mama!")

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"