South Florida Babies

Nursery Ideas

So, one of my "To-Do" list items is pick a theme for the nursery.  And from the beginning, I fell in love with the jungle theme from PBK, but had thought it was perfect for boy/girl... but now that I know it is 2 boys, I'm inclined to go with something more "boyish" (i.e., train, planes).

But keep coming across this little money man and am in love!  LOL  Looking on Etsy, I saw this, and it is perfect, I think...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/50309635/kids-vinyl-wall-sticker-decal-art-monkey?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_search_query=wall+vinyl+nursery+decals-&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Today is my first official day of searching, so I'm sure I'll come across tons more, but I think I'm leaning towards this as inspiration (assuming Dh agrees).  

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Nursery Ideas

• When I was searching for a theme, because I am a primary age teacher, I went with a literature theme for my sons room.  I choose the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I just did minimal things to the room because his room is not that big.  I had an artist come in and paint some murals in his room from different scenes in the book, along with grass all around the edge of the bottom of the walls.  It was sweet and simple.

You can try a book theme nursery, if you get stuck on an idea.  Good Luck on your search.  

• If I had to redo a nursery right now, I would go with either Dr Seuss or Monkeys. I loveeeeeeeeee the monkeys. I bought a bunch of outfits, blankets and stuff for the baby with monkeys on it.

Oh spekaing of Dr Seuss, I thought of you this morning. I just bought a few onsies for the baby and they had cute ones for twins.

www.zulily.com

• Loading the player...
  • Thats a really cute idea jackie. :) Now you got your 2 little monkeys jumping on the bed. lol
  • Awww! I love that decal and am a big fan of the jungle theme! SUPER CUTE!

This bedding was actually saved in my favorites just in case we had a boy. LOL.

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/coc/coc7035-870.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really like the elephants from PotterBarn Kids.  Plus, Gap has a really cute boys' bed set.  Turtles, I think.  And, I've been really into owls lately. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh I wanted to add that gilt.com has large stuffed jungle animals for a great price. Just in case you consider an accent piece to the nursery.
  • I LOVE the jungle theme.  I saw some bedding at BBB near the exit that was really cute and it had a monkey similar to the one in your link.  I probably would've gone with something similar for a boy.  In fact, the activity items I chose for Elise are all from the Fisher Price Precious Planet collection.  I figured those cute, cuddly baby animals are appealing to both boys and girls and I want to be able to reuse all these things if we have a boy in the future.  
  • Sooo cute!! Love the monkey decal and theme.  I actually wanted to go with this theme https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3123727

but my grandmother surprised me with a nautical bedding set for B's nursery. 

• The jungle theme is cute! We decided on a beach/under the sea theme. We're planning to have another baby and wanted it to be gender neutral....but you're right, with two boys, you could have planes, trains - Thomas.

Good luck with the search!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the jungle/monkey theme! That's what we're going with, and that decal on Etsy is actually on my list. ;) They have some really cute options.

Good luck with the search!

• that's cute!!  had we had a boy, we would've done an ocean-themed room.  either turtles, surfing or sailing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"