Potty Training

Going crazy...please help...

My DS is 3yr1mo old and is not PT yet. 1 week ago we started the process - took away the pull ups. We was completely dry for three days, including nights and nap time. He never told us he had to go so we started just asking him if he had to go and when he said no we would remind him to tell us. It's been over a week and he has not told us he has had to go once. He says he will and then doesn't.

We had such a crappy weekend last weekend. It was just accident upon accident and I fear we were a little hard on him. His whole attitude has changed though...he doesn't listen anymore, whines a lot more and is naughty.

Any tips? Anyone struggle with DC that would do everything, but tell you when they had to go?

I just want to cry this is so frustrating. I feel like he's so old too and my mom is putting so much pressure on me because she had "both her kids PT by two." I'm going to scream.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Going crazy...please help...

• DS still really doesn't tell me when he needs to go.  At daycare they go every hour, and he always goes, never complains or refuses.  At home I just remind him often to tell me when he needs to go, and if I feel like it's been too long, I'll make him go.  Not like actually force him, but don't give him the option.  I would just keep doing whatever you were doing for those 3 dry days a little longer.  I think for alot of kids it takes awhile before they're ready to be responsible for taking themselves potty. 

I feel like DS is acting out a little bit b/c of the PT thing too, and I think maybe I've been nagging him too much.  It's easy to do when you're paranoid about accidents, and you're through the first part of PT where you know they can do it.  So I've gone back to the basics of beginning PT, where we reward heavily for going and remain positive when he has accidents.  I think it's easy to get away from that once they start going.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"