Potty Training

Count down to undies has begun!!!

My DD is 2 years and 3 1/2 months and is doing awesome with potty training.  I take a very back-seat approach - this is 100% up to her.  She started sitting on the potty every so often to pee at 16 months but only in the last month or so is it a regular thing and she made it through this past weekend with only a few accidents.  (not for nap and nighttime although her pull-up was dry yesterday at nap).  Anyway, she moved into the preschool room at daycare at the beginning of June and since then, has been doing awesome with pee.  We put her in pull-ups since she started wanting to go byself like the big kids in her room do but we didn't feel she was ready for undies yet.  They have been working wonderful and she loves them.  She is still very freaked out by pooping in the potty - only done it a few times in the last few months but seems to be getting closer to ready. 

Anyway, we are taking a staycation this week so I don't really want to do undies - we have a lot of family in town and will be out and about a lot so nothing normal so I think we are going to start undies on July 6th when she goes back to school.  Her teachers are totally pushing it.  I think she'll do great pee wise but am really nervous about the poop - I hate cleaning up poopy undies (with my older DD a ton just got tossed in the trash since school will only dump the poop, not rise the undies!).

Wish us luck in getting her pooping in the potty this week!!!

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"