Single Parents
Options

Single Parent, I guess..

I guess I'll be joining this board b/c my husband left me a week ago today.. I've been so hurt & broken that I can hardly eat and sleep. I'm now 8 wks along and going through my second along, once again. The first he was in florida working so it wasn't soo bad. Anyone going through the same thing? I need some major advise and no one can seem to give me any at all

Re: Single Parent, I guess..

• Options

We're all here for you, and you can do this. Trust me. It gets better. So much better. But first its probably going to get really hard. You will get through it.

Also, I was around 8 weeks pregnant when I started taking abuse from my X, and I was so depressed over it that I was losing weight and became dehydrated. Please, make sure you're taking care of yourself and your body for that sweet little baby inside of you!

Also, try focusing on all the happy thoughts about whats to come this year... finding out your babys sex... picking a name... feeling the baby kick.... having a new little one. Keep your mind off the bad and on the good.

Like I said, we're here for you! Anytime you need to talk feel free to PM me.

• Options

Hey there... I did the "two pregnancies alone" kind of thing.  First one while my H was at basic training.  Second one, he started seeing someone when I was 4-5 months along, and left when I was 7 months.

I did the "not eating not sleeping" thing too.  Very difficult.  But you get used to things - eventually you will be able to eat and sleep.  As for the eating, you need to make yourself eat something for the baby.  For the sleeping - you may want to seek counseling - I started seeing a counselor after my H left me, and she prescribed a small dosage of an antidepressant to get me through the rest of the pregnancy and post-partum time.  On the bright side, I lost a lot of "extra" weight and I look fantastic now :P

It was very hard at first, and it's going to be hard.  But it will get better, so much better.  It's been just over a year since my H left, and hopefully we will be divorced soon - but my life is so much better without him in it, even if I couldn't see it at the time.  I didn't deserve to be treated the way he treated me. 

I guess that's all I really have to offer - it does get better.  It's hard to do the single mommy thing to two little kids - it is insane some days!  But I enjoy each day I get to tuck my girls in at night (and he doesn't). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"