Potty Training
Options

Okay so.........undies for 3DPT.....

How many did you buy (the e-book suggested 30!!!) and in what sizes? I don't get how buying in larger sizes helps anyone......first, they wouldn't fit correctly when you do need them and, second, at this age they just don't grow that fast anymore so wouldn't I end up with underwear that couldn't really be used for quite some time?

Because I know I have underwear preferences for myself, are there some recommendations for brands for a girl toddler? I would think something tagless? all cotton? Washes really well? I really don't know......

In retrospect do you feel you bought enough/too many/too few?

Re: Okay so.........undies for 3DPT.....

• Options
    we bought around 20 but DD has been peeing in the potty since 18 months (not trained but she would pee if put on a potty so we have less accidents than a child that is afraid of a potty). I also did not really do 3 day potty training. DD runs around in underwear and I just ask if she needs to go. She wears diapers for nap and bed. I bought a pack of size 2T when she first went on the potty. MIL found size 4 for cheap so she bought 2 packs. They really dont fit much different...just higher. Size 4 have tags but they dont bother DD.
  • Options
    *I think* she was recommending the larger sizes because once they are PT they won't need that many pairs.  So rather than have 20-30 pair in 2T, you have some put away for later.  I guess she feels the size doesn't matter since you really won't be able to get out in public for those three days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started with 17. We had 3 padded Gerber undies and bought 2 packages of the 7 pack Disney undies in size 2T/3T. They are tagless and all cotton, I think. It was more than enough for her, but she didn't have tons of accidents. I think she had 3 the first day and about the same on day 2 and then she was fully trained.
    Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image
  • Options
    We have around 35 pair. I don't have a favorite brand, just the regular kids undies you get at Walmart or Target or BRU. I also like the Gerber padded ones that you can get at BRU, but these aren't good for the 3 Day PT because they absorb the dribbles (you want to catch the first sign of wetness with the 3Day PT).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies for your responses!

I picked up 12 pair from Carters (they were too cute and I had a coupon Big Smile) and then had DH bring home a few packs from Walmart. I don't know how they all will wash yet but looks like the Hanes and Disney's DH bought are just as soft as the Carters so I won't be spending the $$ again (even with a coupon) on the pricey Carter's undies! They are all tagless and 100% cotton and the Hanes ones even say they are "wedgie proof" lol.

I decided to wait until Monday to start......Thursdays are our family days and I want DD able to leave to do whatever it is we'll do then and the weekends we are always busy so Monday-Wednesday is my best timeframe. I'm excited to start though, wanted to do so today lol.

• Options
    We're on day 2 and have used 5 pairs of underwear.  I bought 20.  We got character undies b/c I heard that they shrink the smallest, so while we haven't been going through them nearly as quickly as I expected, I'm ok with having that many.  They aren't the greatest quality, so I think they'll fall apart pretty fast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"