High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Trying not to panic

I had a horrible pregnancy last time so I've been shocked at how few complications I've had this time.  I had pre-e very severely last time and my kidneys shut down and I had an emergency c-section at 36 weeks - it took months to recover.

I've been spilling protein for a while in this pregnancy (+1) but my BP had been good so I was able to avoid bedrest.  The last few days my BP has been going up and up - this morning it was the worst it's been- 134/94 (I have to monitor it 2x a day).  I got to work and my co-worker asked if I was ok because I was so swollen - I look like the pillsbury dough boy.  I knew I was swollen because my shoes are tight and I couldn't get my rings on all weekend- but I didn't know it showed in my face and body so much.  I also started having a bad headache yesterday.  I know what all this means- more than I wish I did. 

I'm going back to the OB tomorrow.  He was so happy last week when I was there that he scheduled my c-section for 39 weeks.  Then this.  Now I just hope to make it to 36 weeks again.  I know it's not my fault - but does anyone else just feel that their body lets them down? 

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Trying not to panic

• Options
    Try to stay positive! It will be okay! I have had one tough pregnancy as well...after my first bleeding/cramping/hospitalization spell I thought I would be in the clear, but that was def not the case...Just went through another one and now I am just trying to stay positive to make it to the end! It def makes me have second thoughts on having another baby in the future...so I look up to you for the fact that you went for it again! 36 as opposed to 39 weeks isnt't so bad...I'm just trying to make it to 34 weeks! Keep your head and spirits up!
  • Options
    If you are swollen I would go today to get bloodeork on your liver/kidneys. Lots of HUGS!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    smeyersmeyer member

Ugh, can I ever relate!  Granted, this is my 1st sticky pg but, man, do things change quickly!  I went from the worlds most uncomplicated twin pg, to having borderline pre-e, cholestasis, and having contrax every 3 min (that I couldn't feel) in a few hrs.  I feel like the bottom totally dropped out on me.

I do agree with the above poster, though.  If you're swollen and have a history of pre-e, I'd try to get to your OB today if you can.  Things can go from manageable to bad in such a short time.  Stay safe! 

• Options
    I've decided I'm trading this body in at Bodies R Us.  I had pp pre e the last time that got me hosptilized for a day but just found out I have it again this early.  I know how frustrating it is when you feel like your body is failing you and you have a toddler at home.  Hopefully the OB can keep a close eye on it and your BP decides to behave
  • Options

I called my OB.  Waiting for a call back.  I know he'll tell me to take it easy, put my feet up and come in tomorrow.  I just hate to see where this is going..again. 

I'm sorry you other ladies are also having complications.  It's frustrating!  I hope you all hang in there and make it to the end to let your little ones fully cook!

Edit-  Just got a call from the OB.  He wants to see me today.  I'm leaving in a few minutes to head over to his office. 

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"