TTC after 35
Options

unexplained infertility - what worked for me

I am 41 and went through a cycle of clomid, three IUIs and three IVF cycles.  We never got pregnant and my fertility doctors just kept changing meds and procedures and could not tell  us any reason why we could not get pregnant as my eggs and embryos all looked good.  We decided to build our family through adoption.  I ended up pulling a muscle in my back and saw a chiropracter for the very first time in my life.  She helped my muscle but also looked at my whole back and informed me that my "L3" was out of alignment and looked to be like that for a very long time.  My frist thought was leave it alone, it never hurt or bothered me until she told me it went to my reproductive organs.  That was 10 weeks ago and I am 8 weeks pregnant!

I know it may sound crazy but 7 fertility cycles and not one pregnancy.  I urge everyone to at least get your back checked. It is covered by most insurance companies. I had no idea anything was wrong - nor did any of my doctors.

Good luck to everyone on here and I hope some of you have the success I had with this simple procedure! 

Re: unexplained infertility - what worked for me

• Options
    Hi Imc, what a wonderful story, im sorry you had to go through all of that treatment, omg sometimes it is a simple as that, thanks for you advice and i will be taking it up.....i will try anything at this point!!!  Congrats on your wonderul pregnancy and H&H to you!!!!
  • Options

Thank you and good luck to you!  I hope this little bit of info that worked for me can help a few other people and save some heartache.  I was willing to try anything as well and when the chiro told me that I was obviously did not really believe it but could not walk away and so glad I did not. 

GOOD LUCK :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm hoping this doesn't come off as totally snarky - I apologize if it does... you may want to post this on the Success after IF board because:

(1) you have never posted here - as I see you have only 2 posts and

(2) we don't know you or your story; so to offer a 'simple' procedure in which you think helped you get pg sounds a wee bit far-fetched...at least to me...since I've been to an acupuncturist, massage therapist, etc etc (all to assist me with my unexplained IF diagnosis).

GL with your pg!  H&H 9 months to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wow!!  Congratulations!!!!!!

Perhaps I'll call my chiropractor today!  I'm in need of an adjustment anyway!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    very interesting!!
  • Options

Well yeah, pretty snarky.  I am brand new at posting but when it worked for me I was so very excited I wanted to share anyplace I could in the hopes it works for someone else also and their dreams come true.  Since I am new, I tried to give a brief overview of my 7 fertility cycles.  I completely agree that my solution is a bit far fetched but if you asked me 7 years ago, I would never think I would have been taking 5 shots a night either so I think all of our lives are far fetched to the way we though we would conveive.  I do not know if my chiro was what did it or not but since going to the chiro what I meant by  "simple", not the getting preg part I hope that someone else my need some back adjustments.

That said, I will post to Success after IF and tell anyone who will listen and thought this would be a good place.

Thanks for your well wishes and I hope you have success soon.

• Options

Like I said...I apologize for any unintended 'snark'...just seemed a little too coincidental that all of a sudden you got KU because of one adjustment; when it takes more than 2 weeks to correct a problem of that nature.

Just sayin.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

lmc thank you for the advice.

• Options
    imagerach2100:

Like I said...I apologize for any unintended 'snark'...just seemed a little too coincidental that all of a sudden you got KU because of one adjustment; when it takes more than 2 weeks to correct a problem of that nature.

Just sayin.....

Rach...I agree with you.

Imc...you have to understand that you are coming to a place where many women have been trying for a long time and have Dx of POF, high FSH and such due to age.  Now, while what happened to you is wonderful and we are happy for you...it is a little insensitive to come to a board, where you have never been, and tell us all we have to do is go see a chiroprator and that elusive BFP will only be 2 weeks away.  Sounds too much like the "relax and it will happen" thing we have all heard before.

Thank you for the info...GL and I hope you have a very healthy pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm glad that the chiropractor worked for you. ?I tried using a chiropractor while I was TTC, because one of my best friends from high school is a chiropractor and she said that it might help. ?For me, it did nothing. ?I ended up getting pregnant more than a year after I stopped going to the chiropractor. ?I guess different things work for different people??

• Options
    I'm sorry you are gettting some unfriendly replies.  I get that you are just sharing an unlikely reason for your infertility that might be helpful to someone else.  I hope you have a great pregnancy - congrats!
  • Options
    I did not find any of the replies to be snarky or unfriendly. ?It has been my experience that all views and opinions are respected and welcomed on this board. ?That being said, I agree with Rach and Char. ?Had the OP been a veteran to this board, the well-meant advice would probably have received a better reception. ?The same would have been the case when the exact same message was copied and pasted into the TTTC and SAIF boards.
  • Options

I think at least two of the above replies were unwelcoming to a newbie.  It's easier to be bitter than helpful some days, particularly when IF is an issue.  I've definitely been in that frame of mind before, so I'm not placing blame on those ladies, either, just explaining a possible reason for their being so quick to jump on you.

Thanks for posting your helpful tip.  I see nothing odd with your posting it since you're not advertising a service or company.

After three years TTC, four IUI's plus 2 cancelled, MFI (morph, motility, count), maternal age (40 as of 5/12) & former endo, we're moving to IVF spring 2012 (good/avg AMH and FSH). We did beat the odds once, however. DD born after 2 years TTC with clomid and no monitoring at my age 35. Doctors are SHOCKED we were able to conceive. Here's hoping for another miracle.
  • Options

Thank you for your support N.Carolna and littlered and the others who had nice things to say about my advice.  I am pretty amazed at some of the less than nice comments I received and unfotunately my days of posting are over.  My initent was never, ever to offend anyone in anyway.  I have been through 7 fertility cycles myself so would never pretend anything any of us are going through is easy at all.  I just happened to have something finally work for me and wanted to share.  It is the only thing I did different and stopped fertility 2 years ago and nothing else worked.  Obvioulsy the same thing will not work for everyone and no two of us are alike and why we are all in the same situation and trying anything possible we can to have children.

Just because I am new to this board and dont have over 1000 posts does not mean I have not been through alot also.  I am a private person but really  hoped that someone may try this and hoped it could work for someone else.  I never saud ut was an easy fix. 

The same message was indeed posted to the TTTC and SAIF because that is where I thought people couold use the info.  It is apparently the boards everyone here looks at.  TTTC to maybe help someone and SAIF because I finally had success in a non conventional way.

I guess message boards are not for me.  I know most people are for or against chrios but I never expected such negativity directed to me when we are all looking for the same thing.

I truly wish everyone the best and hope we all have the success we want and deserve no matter how we get there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"