Detroit Babies
Options

Beaumont Classes?

Hi Ladies,

Anyone has anyone taken or plans to take classes at Beaumont? I'm thinking Baby Care and Safety would be helpful and maybe the Breastfeeding class?

imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
Birthday

Re: Beaumont Classes?

• Options

We took them 6 years ago, so I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but we enjoyed them! Learned a ton, especially in the care and safety class! Hope that helps and good luck!!!

ETA: Look into their parenting groups also.  It was a nice way to get to know others who had a baby at the same time we did.  Still keep in touch with a few! 

• Options

We took both the Baby Care & Breastfeeding class @ Grosse Pointe Beaumont.  I thought the Breastfeeding class made me feel more comfortable and confident about breastfeeding. I'd recommend it. The baby care class was ok.  I think if it would make you feel comfortable take it, but none of the info will be earth shattering or something that isn't pretty much common sense.  I had never babysat or really watched young children so I was nervous.  It eased some nerves. 

What hospital are you delivering at?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took the breastfeeding class. I thought it was helpful. If anything, at least it made me feel a little more prepared and it was definately good for my husband to go too. I would recommend it! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are taking the childbirth class at Troy Beaumont. However, we are delivering out of Grosse pointe.

• Options
    Thanks, i'm delivering out of Royal Oak, looks like none of the classes are taught there.
    imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
    Birthday
  • Options

I delivered out of RO too- the classes we took were at the National City (now PNC Bank) building on Big Beaver in Troy.  They have a couple of classrooms there.  I don't it matters where you deliver, you can still take the classes wherever.

We took the breastfeeding class, which I thought was helpful until I actually had a baby and had to breastfeed:)  If you don't know at all what to expect, I would recommend that one.  It's only a one night thing so even if it makes you feel a little better, it's worth it.

We also took the childbirth experience class but I can't really comment on that one because Libby was born before we could complete it...it was a four class series that met every Wednesday.  I'm sure it would have been helpful had we been able to go before I actually went into labor!

• Options

imageolechka:
    Thanks, i'm delivering out of Royal Oak, looks like none of the classes are taught there.

I delivered @ Royal Oak Beaumont too, but we took our classes @ GP Beaumont. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"