Kentucky Babies

Nursery vent

Now that I've gotten started on all the things DH asked me not to do, since I'm pregnant (like ripping down shelves, moving heavy furniture, etc), I at least can say we've started on the nursery. Since the nesting stage has hit hard and heavy I've not been able to focus on anything but baby-related things and want nothing more than to have everything ready for LO's arrival.

What's driving me crazy is that we have so much more to do and no time to do it in! My MIL told DH that she wanted to buy our crib for us, which is awesome, but then I found out that she sent this super long email will all her specifications! I know she doesn't have to buy the crib for us, but seriously? She wants to tell us whether we can buy a crib based upon whether it was made in the US or not? Some of the specs I can completely get behind, whereas others are super rediculous!

Then you add on there that DH is super busy between his job that pays the bills, the farm work, which gives us a roof over our heads, the volunteer work for his brother, and his writing that he doesn't have time to go out and look at cribs with me, but doesn't want me to go without him. I've got a friend who wants to give me her DD's crib, but DH is insisting we don't insult his mom with turning her down. Is not finding an appropriate crib the same thing?

Re: Nursery vent

• A little update... My BIL just came over with the best news ever! He wants us to come up with a basic sketch of what we're looking for in a crib and he's going to design it for us! I'm so super pumped!
  • That's awesome! My dad does wood working -- he's made my niece a ton of cute stuff, including a toy chest and a potty chair! I'm going to ask him to make something for my baby... a handmade crib would be amazing.
  • Loading the player...
  • A potty chair? That sounds so adorable! Sad to say, you know you've reached motherhood when you think a potty chair is adorable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"