North Carolina Babies
Options

Gripe Water

I bought Gripe Water before Arden was born since it's "the thing to have," but I'm confused about when to use it. We've used Mylicon drops for gas. Can Gripe Water also be used for that or does it just help with colic and hiccups like the package says?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gripe Water

• Options

We use it for hiccups and when she was super fussy and for no reason. You have to keep it in the fridge, we didn't even use a full bottle of it before she outgrew needing it. I did feel it helped, but really who knows.

Helpful hint-if you are doing any bottle feeding it helps to just go ahead a mix in the gas drops to the bottle before you give it to the baby. 

• Options
    imagedbertagni:

We use it for hiccups and when she was super fussy and for no reason. You have to keep it in the fridge, we didn't even use a full bottle of it before she outgrew needing it. I did feel it helped, but really who knows.

Helpful hint-if you are doing any bottle feeding it helps to just go ahead a mix in the gas drops to the bottle before you give it to the baby. 

Thanks! I thought it could be used how you described, but wasn't sure. She's definitely had so "super fussy for no reason" times, so I wondered if I should try it then.

Question: Can you put it in bottles of breast milk? The package says to put it in water and juice, so I was unsure if it would be OK in breast milk.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've never mixed it with anything. I usually just gave it to DS before I fed him if he was having a time with his tummy so I'm not sure on the mixing part. Grip water has been my go to for everything fussy with DS. Mylicon never helped give him any relief. And we don't refrigerate ours...neither does my SIL that uses it as well and haven't had any problems with it. I love this stuff!!!
  • Options
    We used it, but honestly, I have no idea what it did, if anything. We went through a fussy for no reason time too, and we attributed it to tummy issues, but who knows if that's what it was, or if it was just her being a baby. :-) When we switched to formula, we did put gas drops in each bottle. I don't know why you couldn't put them, or gripe water, in BM as well.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"