Minnesota Babies

Pediatricians

Hi Ladies - How do you find an excellent pediatrician?  I asked my OB for a list of recommendations, but her list contained offices - not specific names.

I am among the first in my family/friends to have a baby, so referrals are at a minimum.  I'm in the Southeast Metro (Inver Grove Heights/Mendota/Lilydale/Sunfish Lake/West Saint Paul)

Re: Pediatricians

• You can request an interview w/ potential pedis.  If there is a practice that you like ask to meet with some and ask them questions about their practice style.  

My DD's pedi is amazing.  She is actually a family practice doctor who is licensed in pediactrics too.  

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Hi!  I don't post on this board much, but I am from IGH.  We see Dr. Bill Drehmel in Woodbury.

He's a family practitioner, but we love him as our pedi!  They are in the process of moving offices (with more Dr's) to a different location in Woodbury.  One thing I love, (besides the fact that he is just a great dr) is they have evening and weekend hours in IGH and N. St Paul.  We needed to go on the weekend and it was super easy to get an appointment.

My HU family has been going to him for 20 years.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not in your same area so I don't have a specific recommendation. When we selected a pedi for our first, we looked for good clinic hours as one of our primary factors and this turned out to be very wise as we've had several appointments in evenings and on weekends when Drew is sick. This is WAY better than needing to use urgent care docs, who don't often have a lot of experience in peds.

Good luck! 

Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat as you - looking in the same area. Haven't narrowed it down yet but really need to.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• imagesoftskate31:

DH's internist recommended Partners in Pediatrics.  They have a bunch of offices around town.

We met with a doc at the Plymouth location and she was really nice.  They also have an "urgent care" for thier patients and a staff lactation consultant.

Obviously I have no idea how the actual baby visits will go...but we got a great vibe from the doc and the office.

We go to Partners in Peds too (and in Plymouth)!

I absolutely love it and have raved about it and our pedi before on here.

OP -- I think you probably want someone closer than Plymouth, but they do have other offices.  www.pipstop.com

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"