Hawaii Babies

disneyland

so we took miss A to disneyland for the first time yesterday!! i wasn't sure if we should go or not but my brother's friend was able to get us in for free so we didn't have much to lose by taking her.... she did really good, considering she's so small.  she napped for about 20 min on the way there and then about 30 min in the middle of the day in the angelpack...and we were there a total of about 6 hrs.  b/c she didn't nap well, i don't think she enjoyed it as much as she could have...she wasn't fussing/crying, but she just looked tired.  she loved all the people watching she could do there and she really loved "it's a small world" :)

i also learned a few things about disneyland this time around

- it costs and arm and a leg to get in now!!! thankfully we got in for free, but it's $72-97 per person now (depending on whether you want to go to both parks or not). parking alone was $14 (though my cousin said that the last 3-5 times she went, she simply smiled big at the parking attendant and they let her in for free LOL i guess they thought she was flirting w/them or something?)

- it was my first time there as a parent so i never noticed that they have a "baby center."  soooo convenient and nice!! there is a private area for nursing mothers as well as cold water for you to drink.  there's a kitchen area for you to heat up food/formula and even high chairs for feeding. there are changing tables and even mini toilets for toddlers!! they were like exact replicas of public toilets, down to the type of flusher, except tiny LOL and what totally impressed me? they have a counter height sink/toilet so you can plop poops or dunk and swish your poopy diapers in if you use CDs!! i guess there must be a fair amount of families using CDs now for them to install something like that! so cool :) funny story though....we've started doing part time elimination communication w/miss A and so far she is doing great! i had her on a changing table that was next to the hand sink and when someone went to use the sink, the sound of the running water "cued" her to pee and she peed while i was in the middle of changing her!! yeah it could have just been a coincidence but she has seriously only peed 2x in the middle of a diaper change since she was born and i really think the sound of the running water made her pee :)

- you can totally take advantage of having a baby/kid with you if you want :) disney has the "rider switch pass" (aka "baby pass") which is basically like a VIP fast pass. all you do is walk up to the disney person where the line starts and tell them you want a rider switch pass and then let 2-3 people from your group (w/o the baby) into the fast pass line right away (instead of getting a fast pass ticket and coming back later)....you and a friend simply wait near the exit and once your group gets off the ride, you get to walk in through the disabled guests entrance and go to the front of the line and get on right away :) we did this with space mountain... DH and i waited at the exit with miss A while my brother and cousin went on the ride. when they got off, we simply handed miss A off to them and went on the ride and were back in just a few minutes :) so nice! we will definitely be taking advantage of this in the future....and i think you can do it with kids up to age 7 or something like that. it's just not a well known fact, i don't think (at least i never knew about it and i grew up going to disneyland every year as a kid)

Re: disneyland

• imagemrspresley:

- you can totally take advantage of having a baby/kid with you if you want :) disney has the "rider switch pass" (aka "baby pass") which is basically like a VIP fast pass. all you do is walk up to the disney person where the line starts and tell them you want a rider switch pass and then let 2-3 people from your group (w/o the baby) into the fast pass line right away (instead of getting a fast pass ticket and coming back later)....you and a friend simply wait near the exit and once your group gets off the ride, you get to walk in through the disabled guests entrance and go to the front of the line and get on right away :) we did this with space mountain... DH and i waited at the exit with miss A while my brother and cousin went on the ride. when they got off, we simply handed miss A off to them and went on the ride and were back in just a few minutes :) so nice! we will definitely be taking advantage of this in the future....and i think you can do it with kids up to age 7 or something like that. it's just not a well known fact, i don't think (at least i never knew about it and i grew up going to disneyland every year as a kid)

This is cool!! Good to know!!

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So good to know.  We went to Disney Land with my in-laws a few years ago and loved it.  I think it would be fun to take toddlers.  It would be so magical for them, specially when they start watching movies.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't wait until we can take our boys to Disneyland! My dad works for the Mouse and I grew up going there all the time and still love it. Smile
  • Great info. It'll come in handy when we're ready to take Mason.

Disneyland is sooo expensive! We went a couple of times last year because of the free pass on your birthday- otherwise we wouldn't go that often. Have you heard of the new water show "World of Color" at Grand California Adventure? I heard it's incredible!

• inamrainamra member
    Great to know! I think the last time I went was when I was in kindergarten--I'm sure it was a lot cheaper then! It's great you guys got in for free! Glad to hear you guys had a good time overall and miss A did so well too!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Wow, sounds fun. I've never beenCrying so I can't wait once Ashton is a little older so we can have fun.

I hope you're having a good time. I saw your photos on facebook:-)

• Thanks for the info! I'm a Disneyland fanatic and every time I go I always find something new. I think now that I have a LO I'm really going to experience it in a whole new way!

Miss A looked ADORABLE in the FB photos!!! She looked like a lil movie star!

• Wow, I always thought I'd NEVER take a LO to Disneyland. But now I just might! Especially to take advantage of the "rider switch pass." And up to age 7... wow!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sounds great, the pictures were so cute!  We can't wait to take Jack, our friends with a boy 1 year older just recently moved back to the LA area so we were discussing with them what age would be best...  When I was there with my mom and sister a few years ago we saw a boy that was about 3 that was in *love* with Snow White, he was absolutely beside himself when he met her, it was the cutest thing every.  I think the window of time where they understand it all while still truly believing would be best and is quite narrow (and sadly getting shorter these days).

re: costs, I know, right?!  We went there last Fall and luckily had free tickets too b/c I would NOT have wanted to pay $90/day since I was PG and couldn't go on almost all the rides anyways. The same guy that gave us tickets also met up with us to eat at the Blue Bayou for a discount - a place I have *dreamed* about eating at since I was a kid floating by while riding Pirates of the Caribbean. 

I read somewhere that the diaper flusher thing is actually a hold over from when they first opened and CDs were the norm, but who knows - glad it is still there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"