D.C. Area Babies
Options

F/U to my packing post below...what are movies your kids love?

Can you tell me what movies your toddler/preschooler loves?  DH and DD #1 (who is 3 1/2) will be on a long journey in the minivan, and I just wanted to get some ideas for some new movies for her.

We have:  Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Fox and Hound, Happy Feet, Jungle Book, Snow White, a Dora movie of some kind, Finding Nemo, Pinochio, Cat in the Hat (a gift, not really appropriate for her age) and of course Happiest Baby on the Block (ha ha, kidding - well, we have it, but not for her!)

Would love any suggestions.  So far she's asked for Princess and the Frog.  What we do is we Netflix movies first, then if she likes them, she'll get them from relatives for birthday or Christmas or whatever. 

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.

Re: F/U to my packing post below...what are movies your kids love?

• Options

Maggie is REALLY into Princess and the Frog right now.  Every morning she is telling me that she does NOT kiss frogs, only princesses do.  I think that is a pretty good message.

She also asks for Shrek1, Finding Nemo, Minnie's Bowtique (a mickey mouse clubhouse one, has a few episodes on there).  

• Options
    JKM416JKM416 member
    DD loves the "Tinkerbell" movie and the sequel, "Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure." My brother gave her "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs," - we haven't watched it yet, so I don't know if it's age appropriate. She also likes anything with Mickey Mouse and his usual crew, but she's been addicted to "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" for a year now, so she's receptive to anything with those characters.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, how could I forget, we have both those Tinkerbell movies too.  Those are great. 

FWIW we bought Bedknobs and Broomsticks (I was thinking that she'd like it because she loves Mary Poppins so much) and Pocohantas - which we're previewing right now.  If I know Disney like I know Disney, somebody's going to die in the movie and I've got to prepare her.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    He loves Shrek
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My toddlers LOVE "Barney's Great Adventure - The Movie" (I bought it off amazon). We don't typically watch Barney b/c it is not on when they are allowed to watch TV, but this movie got good reviews so I bought it before a long road trip last year. They both love it. Watched it 3 times this past weekend during a road trip. And, I have to honestly say, it is pretty darn good. Has a nice adventure aspect to it, has fun songs and although it seems to start off a little slow, really has continuous action. Even I enjoy watching it!

THey also like alot of the others already mentioned like Mary Poppins, TInkerbell and  Nemo. We also have alot of Sesame Street DVDs many of which are favorites like "Elmos Potty Time" and "Count with me 123". Those tend to get alot of play during road trips.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"