Minnesota Babies

Morning Sickness Is No Fun!!

So this whole morning sickness things is overrated. I am desperate and looking for guidance. I am nauseous all the time and tired. What have others tired or are currently doing? 

Looking forward to hearing from everyone! 

Re: Morning Sickness Is No Fun!!

• I had to eat a lot in my first trimester.  I never vomited, but I was nausous for most of the day.  I ate granola bars and yogurt every 2 hours and then 3 larger meals a day.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I just made sure that I drank plenty of fluids, mostly sparkling water.... and pretty much tried to eat whatever sounded good, which wasn't much! As for being tired, well, not much you can do about that except rest! I was tired most of the time until i hit my second trimester.

GL!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I spent 18 months of my life puking... each kid, nonstop.  I was able to get Zofran for my first and that REALLY helped.  I basically was able to eat again at all because of Zofran.  then 2-3rd trimesters I almost exclusively just puked first thing in the AM so I didn't bother with the drug.

My second pregnancy was worse, Zofran didn't touch the nausea, and I had a 1 year old screaming in fear as I was puking.  Good times.

You could Google all the old wives tales...citrus is a cure for some women.  Ginger tea (get some ginger root at the store) is a 1000+ year old Asian tradition for morning sickness.

Good luck!!  I very much know how awful it is.  :(

• I had morning sickness/all day sickness until 24-25 weeks.

Prego Pops, Jolly ranchers etc worked

Ginger ale and OJ was my favorite morning drink

Only eat what sounds good, if popcorn sounded good that's what I ate, if I forced myself to eat something I would feel even worse.

Good luck!!!

• I am not help as I had it for almost the full 9 months. I found foods that "liked me" & only eat that. I also made sure to drink a lot of water 
  • Ugh! The all day sickness is exhausting! I can totally empathize.

The only thing that really lessened the severity for me was eating something bland/ carbs before I got out of bed or even sat up in the morning. Plain Cheerios, crackers, Special K, etc. I still felt sick all day, but it was more tolerable and I was less likely to throw up.

Keeping hydrated is also really important. I know sometimes it's hard to want to put anything in your stomach when you feel sick, but being dehydrated makes the nausea worse.

Hope you feel better soon! 

• imagePayne2B2008:
    I am not help as I had it for almost the full 9 months.

I'm even less help because I never had it at all, with either of my kids. However, I do "ditto" the comment made previously about the ginger. I know a couple of ladies who uses ginger for nausea and said it worked better than most other things. I hope you find something to help! 

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I just came on this board about to ask the same thing - my pregnancy is confirmed but I haven't been to the doc yet to see how far along I am....I suspect it's not even 6 weeks, which worries me that this "morning sickness" thing is only gonna get worse!

So far no puking, just nausea, very little appetite (and when I am hungry, half the time feel sick after eating), and especially the past few days, very weak especially when I wake up, even after 8 hours of sleep.  Weak, dizzy, almost short of breath and it seems to hurt to even think about getting ready for work, just want to go back to bed!

So, sorry no advice, but it's nice to b*tch about it to someone who understands!  =)

• I found I needed to keep something in my stomach. If I got hungry, that's when I got nauseous. But I didn't have it too terribly, so take that with a grain of salt. I found cinnamon graham crackers helped a lot, for some reason.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• I feel for you!!  I was so nauseated all day and nothing seemed to help. My mom later read an article in prevention that mentioned peach juice (who knew) so I tried the light peach syrup, 100% peach juice (I watered it down cause it was a little sweet for me) and I also tried pear (syrup and juice).  It seemed to help a little.  Jolly Ranchers were nice to have around too.

The other thing I tried was Ginger Chews from Trader Joe's.  I'm not a fan of ginger but these seemed to work so I ate them (they are so potent that it is all you taste)....I just asked at TJ's and they knew exactly what they were.  They come in a green bag.  

I also ate small meals and OFTEN like other women have mentioned.  The good news is that it does pass but I totally remember how miserable it was!! 

Good Luck and I hope some of this helps!   

• I felt sick my whole first trimester and thought it would never end.  Every time I would eat before riding in a car was bad news and I would end up losing it in the car.  That was the worst!  I tried the Ginger Ale thing, Gingersnap cookies etc. and nothing really worked.  I missed a lot of work since I am a teacher and couldn't deal with the kiddos and feeling that way. What I found that helped was making sure that I had crackers by my bed at night and I would eat them first thing in the morning before I even got up.  Then I stuck to very small meals throughout the day. Just know that it does get better!  I feel awesome now and am so glad it is over.  You'll make it through!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"