Minnesota Babies
Options

Next Step...

Hi everyone! 

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and am searching for a pediatrician. I have had lots of recommendations to use Southdale Peds, which I'm fine with. We just moved to the Edina area as well and know very few people to give us any idea of what to do next.

But what is my next step? 

How do I choose a doctor? Do I need to go visit with them? Just not sure what my next step is! 

I need to have our baby's doctor listed on the enrollment sheet for the hospital, which is why I'm kind of worried about it!

Any suggestions, thoughts, etc. would be appreciated! 

THANKS!  

Re: Next Step...

• Options
    imageal_in_OK:

I need to have our baby's doctor listed on the enrollment sheet for the hospital, which is why I'm kind of worried about it!

You do?

Both times I had my babies, I did not have a pedi picked out. With DS1, I delivered at FV Riverside and didn't have a pedi and while we were still in the hospital they referred us to FV Children's Clinic and gave us an available pedi and he was DS1's pedi for 5 years. When we had DS2, it was at Mercy (Crapids) and the same thing happened, expect our pedi was on call that day and said she was taking new patients and we just put her down and have gone to her ever since, and switched DS1 over to her too. 

We definitely didn't need a name going into the delivery, so I wonder why it says that for you? Maybe you should ask. They'll likely tell you not to worry about it and then it'll be one more thing to not have to deal with beforehand.

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

We use Southdale & love them. We only picked them because they are so close our house. but we never meet with a Doctor we just want with whoever was available. We did list them on our paperwork but I don't think you had to. 

Oh I should add we have seen a few of them & so far I like Dr.Miller the best  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not sure which hospital you're using, but typically the hospital calls your selected clinic when the baby is born and the doctor on call comes for the check-up. So just providing the clinic name is probably enough! 

We see Dr. Curran at Southdale and we LOVE her. She works at both EP and Edina. 

Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"