Houston Babies

Dr. may induce after 4th of July

Confused

My due date is June 29, and im not dilating yet. My dr mention induction after the 4th. I really want to have this baby natural. Ive been doing a lot of walking at the local mall. Is there anything else i can do?

Re: Dr. may induce after 4th of July

• You could ask your Dr. to try a prostaglandin gel before (some day next week) to ripen your cervix. Prostaglandins are also present in semen. That's why having sex also can help to bring on labor.

The gel is applied at the hospital, but you're not hooked to anything. 

I tried it prepidil gel twice and it didn't work for me, but it does work 50% of the time. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I have the same issue.  I am due June 30th and have not made one ounce of progress, so she is going to induce me over the 4th of July weekend whatever day she is on call.  But now I may be looking at a C sec (pelvis too small).  On Tuesday I was really hoping I made some progress because I was on my feet the prior 2 days for 12 hours with a busy assignment ( I am a RN), she said I could have laid in bed for 2 days and that would have done the same thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for the info. I will def. mention that to my Dr. on wends when i see her. Alli i hope for the best in your delivery.
  • i know you're really hoping for your baby to come naturally, but just in case you have to do an induction, i just wanted to let you know i had two inductions and each were very easy and had no complications.

we had to induce with both of mine because each of my kiddos were 9 pounds (only gained 18 pounds though and am only 5'3").  so, my doc induced 2 weeks early - and still 9 pounds.  doc said i just make big babies!

so, if you have to induce, try to just go with it and it will be okay.  i know easier said than done.  best of luck.

• I feel like I was pressured into an induction with my first and that it was not medically necessary. It ended in a c/s after 3 days of induction (2 days cervidil, 1 day pitocin). I am aware that this colors my view just like anyone who had an easy birth after a successful induction has their views colored in a different way. I had a successful vbac with my 2nd at 41weeks and 2 days, but frankly it's HARD to get anyone to do a vbac around here so I wish I'd done more to avoid being in that situation.

Anyway, if I could have a do-over, I would push back against the induction. I don't know that I would have avoided it, but I wish I had asked a lot more questions.

When they said, let's do X, I wish I'd asked what are the risks of doing X? are there any drawbacks? what is the harm of waiting another day or another 3 days? are there any alternatives?

The 2nd time around I also took Evening Primrose Oil orally and vaginally after 38 weeks to help soften the cervix. IDK if it did anything, but it can't hurt.

- Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"