North Florida Babies
Options

awesome diaper rash remedy

B has a nasty diaper rash thanks to the diarrhea caused by that delicious blue and black icing on his birthday cake.  I've never seen it this bad, he has raw splotches all over his little bum.  I took him to school yesterday and was telling his teacher about it and she told me to make a paste out of maalox and cornstarch and put it in there.  The stuff in the maalox helps neutralize the acid in the poop and the cornstarch does something, I don't know what, but when he got up this morning (I covered his bum in it last night), the rashy part was gone and he just has the spots that need to heal.  I was amazed :)
imageimage
imageimage

Re: awesome diaper rash remedy

• Options

Good to know.  James started a really bad diaper rash on Tuesday from pooping loose stools about 6 times a day since eating pureed fruits on a regular basis.

We've been using Butt Paste which works pretty well but it's always nice to have more weapons in the rash arsenal.

• Options

Poor little guys!  We use the Boudreaux's butt paste as well ... mainly because I like the name of it :)  Kristin, that does sound like a good remedy and I'm glad it helped quickly!

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh wow. Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Kristin.

And, I hope B's little bottom clears up quick!

• Options

OMG!  My DS had this too and his pedi recoomended a similar thing.  Maalox mixed with aquaphor and place in the refrig to cool.  It really helped his bum.  I felt so bad for DS when he had the diarrhea coz he was up every couple hours at night and his bum hurt so bad everytime we changed and wiped it.

K&A - be careful when wiping off the mixture.  It dries up the skin to heal, but wiping off with the wipes was peeling off the skin and exposing the open stuff again.  We usually wash with water and just pat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"