Hawaii Babies

pg at 67??

I just read this on my babycenter weekly update.  Can you imagine?? 67 years old & pg with twins??  I am 30 & I feel like I have the body of a 67 year old right now!  I can't imagine doing this when I am actually 67!!!

The oldest woman to give birth is 67-year-old Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara, who gave birth to twins with donor eggs and sperm in a Barcelona hospital in 2006.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: pg at 67??

• i remember being a bit horrified by this story when it first came out.  and then she passed away when the twins were 2 or 3...

not trying to be judge-y, but i don't think that was the best decision for her or for the babies!  Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSanHawaii08:

i remember being a bit horrified by this story when it first came out.  and then she passed away when the twins were 2 or 3...

not trying to be judge-y, but i don't think that was the best decision for her or for the babies!  Sad

ditto to this.

but NO, I can't even think about being pg again, esp with one already here, and I'm only 37!

• Loading the player...
  • I.cannot.imagine.

Seriously, carrying twins was hard enough with my 28/29 year old body (I wished at times that I had my 19 year old body because it was more resilient lol), and I just can't imagine doing it in my 60s. 

I tend to agree with pps about the problem of having children so late in life and then passing away. I don't see how that's fair to the children - I think that at some point what is essentially a selfish decision (I don't mean that in a bad way, but we have children for ourselves and not for them, kwim?) becomes even more so. Sure, she could have lived to 109, but the odds of that weren't good, and it seems startlingly selfish to me to bring children into the world under those circumstances (especially since they were so young when she passed away - it's not like they were in their teens and will have many fond memories of her and be able to say, "yes it's sad, but I had a great childhood for the time we were together"). Probably a flameable opinion, but there it is. Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"