Postpartum Depression
Options

The story and question...

Hey all, I am so glad there is a PPD board. I am new to this board, obviously and wanted to share my story to see if anyone is in this situation.

I was diagnosed with MDD (Major Depressive Disorder) when I was about 15. I have been treated for it ever since with meds and therapy. So, I wasn't surprised to get PPD after my LO was born. I feared it and have always tried to be aware of when an episode is coming on, but this hit me like a ton of bricks and my fam staged somewhat of an intervention. Lost all preg weight plus another 10 pds., in about 4 weeks and never leaving the house. Deathly afraid of being around her. yadda yadda.

So, my question(s) are this. Anyone is this boat? I see alot of you on Zoloft, Paxil, etc. Anyone on something stronger? If so, what and has your PPD come back, although mine could be either PPD and/or the MDD.

Hoping for additional support and advise.Thanks

Re: The story and question...

• Options

I'm not sure what you mean by stronger. . . I'm on Pristiq.  I have a history of depression, so, like you, I was not entirely surprised when PPD/PPA appeared.  It sucked, but with the help of my psychiatrist, I have gotten through it.

There are times that I feel like my depression is creeping back in. . . but it seems to be timed with PMS or when I'm not 100% med compliant.  It is a scary feeling though.

I hope that you continue to feel better! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member
    I also had a history of depression. I'm on 60 mg of Prozac. I definitely still get depressed at times. I don't have episodes where I want to hurt myself on my meds but I definitely still have my days. I'm kind of scared to try anything besides Prozac because I've been on that forever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think lexapro is a pretty strong anti-depressant.  And I take 40 mg. daily, which is 20 mg over the clinical dosage.

photo 444e1a74-1f01-47b5-8489-88b2999f2e54_zpse873dcde.jpg 

Mommy's sweet girls

Kaatje Grace 4.26.2010

Eloise Hope 2.10.2012

• Options

I'm on 300 mg of Wellbutrin.  I got rid of the 100 mg of Zoloft because of the weight gain.  Also on Ativan.  

I had PPD/PPP with my son 4 years ago and PPD with my daughter 2 1/2 years ago (well when they were born).  I tried to wean off of everything last January, but ended up back on everything because of the stress of my job.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"