Postpartum Depression
Options

Who prescribes the meds?

I have been back and forth for months on whether or not I truly have PPD or not and of course, just don't want to admit it.  This week has been horrible and I think I am finally ready to face the fact that I do have PPD.  My question is, if I call my OB will she be able to prescribe me meds or will she just refer me to a psychiatrist?  I know that whatever the case I need to just do it for the sake of myself, baby and family, but I would like to be a little mentally prepared if she does say that she is going to send me for a consult. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Who prescribes the meds?

• Options
    I have PPA and I called and talked to my OB. I went in and talked to him about everything that had been bothering me. He prescribed me some meds and recommended a therapist to me. I have seen him once and changed my script 3 times before I found what I wanted. I am on Celexa and it is helping! Good luck!
  • Options

My OB was the one who initially put me on Zoloft while I waited to be seen by a psychologist. 

My first appointment was with a psych who did a history, gave me my dx and wrote my new rx.

Then I was sent to a therapist (same building) who I meet with weekly for therapy.  I also see the the psyc once a month for meds dose changes, etc. 

{Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yea the OB and I liked going to them more because I feel that they probably see a lot more people with it. My doc was great and said a ton of things that were true that I didn't even think of. Do not wait to start feeling better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"