Maryland Babies

Joined Team Pink

We had our anatomy scan yesterday and it seems we have a modest little girl, she kept her legs crossed the whole time! The tech was able to show me the three lines and felt pretty confident it was a girl. I'll be holding on to receipts of anything I buy just in case but I wanted to share is with someone because we aren't telling our families. I really don't want a pink explosion in my already cramped apartment so it's best to keep it quiet for now.

DH and I really wanted a boy but we're both slowly coming around, he especially after I told him stories of dancing and playing tea with my Dad as a kid. The tech said there was still a chance she could be wrong so I think he's holding out hope, but he's still excited regardless.

The baby looks healthy and is really active. We were worried about a potential hereditary club foot but there were some definite right angles so our concerned is much lessened.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!

Re: Joined Team Pink

• First off Congratulations. Welcome to team pink. Baby girls are so much fun. Secondly I love the name you decided on. Beautiful name. Do you know if you will be getting a second anatomy scan? You could always do the 3D/4D scan if your hubby wants be 100% sure.

• Congrats on your little girl.  You're right, the #1 thing is she is healthy.  And little girls clothes are sooooo cute!  Just think of all the sweet little sundresses and sandals she can wear.  Just keep talking about all the little girl things your daughter will do with your DH, daddy's girl, tea parties, even sports.  I think some dad's get nervous about little girls because they "don't know what to do with them" or they think they will be more fragile than boys, which isn't true at all.  And his little girl can play sports just like the boys
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats...Yay for Team Pink!

I always thought my DH would not be as happy with a girl as our first child but when they told us, his eyes defintely "glistened"!  Now that she is here, he is even more over the moon and already talking about how she'll play lacrosse and that she won't date until after college...haha.  He says she will have him wrapped around her little finger though...

The only thing my DH says negatively about having a girl is that with a son, you only have to worry about one boy.  With a daughter, you have to worry about EVERY boy!  hahaha.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Thanks Ladies! I don't think we'll be getting a 3D ultrasound, we just don't have the money for it. Thanks for the compliment on the name, both were our grandmother's names and we plan on calling her Josie.

I've definitely been talking up little girls and how my sister and I played sports and went fishing and all the fun stuff. I think he'll come around after the disappointment ends. I think I'm more nervous now that the tech might be wrong and we won't find out until it's born...good thing we can't paint in the apartment! Smile

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Congrats!  After she's here you won't even be able to conceive of how life would be with a boy.  Its like once she's here, you can't even imagine a life w/o her.  I was completely convinced that DD was a boy until we got our scan @ 18 weeks or so.  And you could have knocked me over w/ a feather when they said boy - and DH was kinda mad at me for being soooo convinced it was a boy that I had convinced him too.  LOL - anyway - that lasted about a day.  DD is one tough little girl who is super physical and loves to play rough and wrestle, etc.  And, bonus - the clothes are super cute too!

I do think DH is a little squeamish about changing her diapers and jsut doesn't like to dwell too long in that area, but he'll do whatever needs to be done.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:

Congrats!  After she's here you won't even be able to conceive of how life would be with a boy.  Its like once she's here, you can't even imagine a life w/o her.  I was completely convinced that DD was a boy until we got our scan @ 18 weeks or so.  And you could have knocked me over w/ a feather when they said boy - and DH was kinda mad at me for being soooo convinced it was a boy that I had convinced him too.  LOL - anyway - that lasted about a day.  DD is one tough little girl who is super physical and loves to play rough and wrestle, etc.  And, bonus - the clothes are super cute too!

I do think DH is a little squeamish about changing her diapers and jsut doesn't like to dwell too long in that area, but he'll do whatever needs to be done.

That is too funny--I couldn't written the exact same thing. I even bought a few boy things! 

And like the other girls here said, your DH will fall in love with her!

Congratulations!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah! Welcome to Team Pink!

DH wanted a boy also. He said "of course I want a boy, I am a boy...of course you want a girl because you're a girl," which is pretty much the truth.

But he's great with Sydney and adores her. I think he's really looking forward to scaring away boys when she's older. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aw, congrats on your daughter!  Beautiful name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"