D.C. Area Babies
Options

DC without a carseat?

Hi! Jumping over here because I have a quick question.

DH and I are flying with our 14-month old to Baltimore for several days next month. We plan on taking the train down to DC to visit some friends for one night. We plan to stay around Capitol Hill.

Is it possible to do a trip like that without a carseat? We were hoping to take public transportation the whole time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: DC without a carseat?

• Options
    If you have your stroller with you, then I'd say yes - at least if you're planning on taking Metro once you're in DC.  Strollers galore on our Metro system. If you're planning on taking cabs, that might be a different story.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    My only thought would be how do you plan to get from your friend's house in Baltimore to the train station and how do you plan to get from Union Station to your hotel in DC?  If both are within walking distance (or in the case of DC -- walking distance from the metro, which you can pick up at Union Station), you'll be fine.  Otherwise, I think you'll need a car seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In Baltimore we are staying at a hotel in the harbor, close to public transportation, so we would be taking trains the whole time, including to the airport. And we will have a stroller.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"