1st Trimester

Hungry Every Two Hours

I'm only eight weeks and almost every two hours, I'm starving to death. It's not the eat an apple kind of hungry.  It's the  "Get out of my way and show me some real food" hungry.  I'm afraid if I keep going like this, I will be big as a house by the end of my pregnancy.
Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hungry Every Two Hours

• ME TOO!  I had cereal at 8, then a waffle at 10. LOL!
  • I'm with you. I eat and eat and I'm still starving, but I've gained very little weight. I think my body just needs it, so I keep shoveling it in. And the cravings! I went from loving vegetables to being unable to look at them. Right now all I want is fruit. Bring on the fruit.
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt like that my last pregnancy, and I ended up gaining more than 50 lbs.  Which is probably not what you want to hear....  But I lost it all within a few months with minimal effort, so maybe that was what my body needed to do.  You could try to eat small healthy snacks throughout the day and less at meal time.  And let yourself be a little bit hungry sometimes if you can stand it.  Easier said than done, I know.  Good luck!
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel almost the same way, but there's only a small amount of food that ever sounds good to me, and I can't eat very much in one sitting.

Be sure you're drinking enough water, too! Sometimes thirst comes across as hunger.

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • imageShellBell1221:
    I'm with you. I eat and eat and I'm still starving, but I've gained very little weight. I think my body just needs it, so I keep shoveling it in. And the cravings! I went from loving vegetables to being unable to look at them. Right now all I want is fruit. Bring on the fruit.

Ugh. I wish fruit sounded good. I only like watermelon right now. Everything else makes me nauseous. 

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • I'm this way too.  I've found if I catch it before I reach that ravenous point though that a smaller snack will work.  Also, things with protein work in smaller quantities than just carbs.

And water doesn't fix it for me.  If I get to that point, drinking will make me more woozy.

• I'm so glad I'm not the only one!  The hunger comes on so suddenly and I absolutely have to eat.  It's getting difficult finding healthy things to eat when I feel hungry so frequently.
  • If I don't eat at like 2 hours on the dot I get cranky & starving. I've been trying to stock up on healthier things like raw veggies, fruits (I can only stand watermelon and peaches right now though), yogurt, granola bars, oatmeal, goldfish. I really want a juicy steak or grilled chicken or a big bowl of pasta or like a full meal every 2 hours, but eating just a little bit of anything gets me full to capacity. Occasionally I'll cave and actually order food or make an entire meal, but I only eat about a quarter of what I put on my plate every so I try to control that urge. GL & even if it's not the healthiest, at least make it something delicious :-)
  • LOL - I'll be right behind you at the buffet!  I'm so freaking starving, it's not even funny.

The other day I had cereal, then considered hitting Mc D's for a breakfast sandwich.  When I got to work I had a granola bar, then ate my lunch around 10, then at 11:30 went to the company cafeteria for another sandwich... Then had a normal sized dinner!

• I have also tried to buy some healthy snacks to eat instead of eating the first thing I see.  Although, I'm eating every two hours, I haven't been eating a lot.  I probably only eat about 1/4 to 1/3 of whatever I decide to eat.  I've been really lucky and have not had much nausea or food aversions.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Me too!  I am constantly eating.  It's like I eat and a half hour lately feel like I have never eaten before.
  • I'm the same way, pretty much every 2 hours I am definitely hungry. Thankfully, a snack usually holds me over!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG, having exact problem as you described!!! Eat more protein items, it'll keep you fuller by an hour or two. I am snacking on raw oatmeal (dont ask me why, but it works for my m/s) and drinking Gatorade helps too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Considering my dr. told me to be sure to eat a little something every three hours, this sounds to me like your body is just telling you to do what it needs you to do!
  • Me too! I try to stick to snacks, but it's making normal meals difficult!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"