New to The Bump
Options

positive or negative?

I took 2 pregnancy tests (different brands) and both have faint blue lines (indicating postive)  I am still not sure.  But I was told they wouldnt turn blue at all if the HCG hormone was not dectected.   Comments anyone?????

Re: positive or negative?

• Options
    Sounds like your pregnant!!
  • Options
    I am trying not to get my hopes just in case its wrong........ I am driving my self crazy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you want to be sure what you're seeing is correct on the HPT, there are 2 ways you can verify without seeing a doctor.

First, blue-dye HPTs are notorious for giving false BFPs. It's something about the blue dye. This drove me crazy TTC, but it happens. So go buy a pink-dye HPT and know for sure. First Response Early Response is one of the best, and one of the more sensitive brands.

-or-

Wait a couple days and re-test on a digital HPT. That way there is no guessing game going on. Keep in mind that the digitals are not as sensitive as the line-tests, so you need to wait a couple days until enough HCG has built up in your system to give an accurate reading.

Hope this helps

• Options
    Either get a digital, or accept the fact that a line is a line, no matter how faint. Not everyone gets a screaming blue line.
  • Options
    go buy a digital! There is no deciphering lines with those!
  • Options
    Mae925Mae925 member
    The lines on the tests can be faint due to the fact that it maybe an early pregnacy. Go to the doctor and ask to get your HCG levels tested. This will confirm if you are or not! Good luck!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BFP 07/28/11 BFP 1/5/11 m/c 2/12/11 BFP 5/24/10 Missed m/c 6/10/10
  • Options

imageMae925:
    The lines on the tests can be faint due to the fact that it maybe an early pregnacy. Go to the doctor and ask to get your HCG levels tested. This will confirm if you are or not! Good luck!!!

Or not. Many dr offices will simply have you pee on another stick, as they don't want you or your insurance company wasting $ on a blood test to check for pregnancy. if you have no history of reproductive issues, this shouldn't be necessary.

• Options
    Mae925Mae925 member
    imageDr.Loretta:

imageMae925:

Or not. Many dr offices will simply have you pee on another stick, as they don't want you or your insurance company wasting $ on a blood test to check for pregnancy. if you have no history of reproductive issues, this shouldn't be necessary.

You are correct. I am sorry ... I can understand not wanting to waste $ on blood tests. I forget sometimes that not everyone lives with government healthcare. Sorry.

BabyFruit Ticker BFP 07/28/11 BFP 1/5/11 m/c 2/12/11 BFP 5/24/10 Missed m/c 6/10/10
  • Options
    I went to the Doctor Thursday did another urine test and bloodtest I am definitely pregnant!!! Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Mae925Mae925 member
    Congratulations!!!!!  Do you know how far along you are?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"