Maryland Babies
Options

I love my children, but...

wow...being a mom of 2 is much harder than I anticipated!!! I feel like I am constantly telling B to be gentle or be quiet (he tends to yell a lot) and I feel like I can't give A the attention I thought I'd be able to give her because I am doing things with B. Potty training hasn't been consistent because B tends to have to go while I am in the middle of feeding A and he still hasn't masterd getting his pants and pullups off on his own. It's so much harder now that DH is back at work and I am on my own!!! There isn't much point to this post, just needed to vent.

Re: I love my children, but...

• Options
    I am so sorry that you are feeling stressed out and stretched to the max.  I have heard that going from one to two kids is a big jump.  Do you own a moby or other wrap that you could put A in?  If you are bf you can also nurse in the moby, which would free up your hands to play with B and at her age A will just enjoy being close to her momma. Sending some virtual hugs.  I hope that it gets easier for you soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I can't even imagine how hard it is going from 1 to 2.  You are so used to fullfilling the needs of one, and having him be the main focus and then all of a sudden you have to split all that attention.  I feel for you, I'm sure you'll get into the grove of things.  Maybe Brady just needs to go comando, but only while you're feeding Addy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry - I don't have any practical advice, but just know that it will get better and easier as time goes on.  Just be kind to yourself and take it one day at a time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hey- it will get easier- right now you have a newborn and a 2 yr old and one who is learning how to use the potty at that!

that's awesome B is potty-training.  E. is now diaper-free during the day and I just let her run around w/ no pants on in the house and we have a little potty in whatever room she's in (or on the deck if she's playing on the deck.)  Now she is wearing big girl pants w/ dresses because I don't want her to have to take off 2 layers (both shorts and underwear might be too much for her.) 

When I was watching the 2.5 yr old boy I found the most difficult part was getting his pants down (his mom always puts him in jeans!) and big boy pants.  After that whole experience I knew I wanted E. to be able to pretty much handle the whole process of going to the potty by herself.   I know one of my neighbors just had her son go commando w/ no pull-ups or underwear since it was easier for him to get his pants off.

I was all about doing whatever was easiest/most successful, so E. would feel good about herself. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I just wanted to send hugs.... and tell you that you are not alone at all.  I kept complaining that my friends who had 2 before me never explained how hard this is.  And it is very hard.  I wish I had 4 hands and two bodies.  Everyone tells me that it does get easier...hang in there.
    Jill * Married to Steven 11/9/03 * DS Samuel 4/4/05* DS #2 Jeffrey 6/13/2009
  • Options
    No help- I'm just feeling the same way. I am a first time mom and a mom of two all in one. My step daughter is here every day and it is so tough trying to give her attention and still care for my son the way I want. Hang in there!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you, Cori.  While I'm not in your shoes with 2, I am pting Aiden, and as I'm sure you know, it's a wild and demanding ride!  If you haven't already, I'd definitely invest in something so that you can wear the baby while you are dealing with B.
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"