North Carolina Babies
Options

Head Circumference

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has been warned by their pediatrician about the their child's head being too large. My 6 month old has a head circumference that's in the 99th percentile. But his overall growth (height and weight) has been in the 90-98th percentile since birth. Should I be worried????

Re: Head Circumference

• Options

My DD is in the 95th for head. Our pediatrician measured both parents heads and since DH's head is apparently "way above average" (hahaha), they are not concerned. Apparently, it can also be genetic - just like height.

DD is in the 90th for length and 50th for weight @ 4 months.

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At 6 months, DS head, weight, and length was all in the 90-95th percentile.  However, the Dr. never mentioned that he was concerned. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS's head is ginormo as well and doctor doesn't seem worried. Hasn't said anything. We've got our 6 month check up in a couple of weeks, if it's changed then, I will let you know! Yay for big headed babies! Big Smile (It just means we have the smart ones!)
  • Options
    I wouldn't be concerned. My DS has a big head (I've recently had to start buying the next size up in shirts b/c his head won't fit through his real size!) and my pedi, who is sometimes overly cautious, has never mentioned anything about it being a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"